Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 9:32am

dyk hope everyone has a wonderful 2013!

Jennifer

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 9:34am
DYK I miss the boards the way they were DYK it's hard for me to even log in -- most times it kicks me back to the same screen over and over...usually if it won't log me in on the 2nd or 3rd try I give up DYK what I miss most is being able to see how many NEW posts there are in a thread....and going right to them instead of having to figure out where they start DYK and they take FOREVER to load

Jennifer

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 9:34am
DYK mostly I miss you guys.... DYK it seems like the board is dying. DYK right when I really need to get back on track with my eating.

Jennifer

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 1:53pm

dyk Happy New Year!

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 2:06pm

dyk Hi Jennifer!

dyk I have relatively fewer glitch problems than I've seen others post about.  What browser are you using?  I'm on Firefox, I wonder if that makes a difference?  I rarely ever get kicked out or have login issues.  But I agree with you, this new format is not as user friendly, and I, tooo, miss the NEW post indicators.

Administrator
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 7:11pm

DYK That we are aware there are issues with logging in and are working on them.

DYK The log in and posting issues are all related to an issue that has to do with the database

DYK The read/unread options are going to be built back into the message boards but I don't have  a definite date yet

DYK I use Firefox as well and very rarely ever have issues

Karla

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-02-2013 - 8:29pm
DYK I'm here, Jennifer! Let's get back on track together.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 8:24am

dyk, I've been relatively quiet about the board and the issues, especially given that I really miss this place and I could really use the support that I had here before

dyk, to start with I use FireFox exclusively.  I also use a Mac.

dyk, I don't mean to sound like a b!tch, but - I'm not really seeing ANY improvement since the switch over.  If anything, this place has seriously gone down the drain.

dyk, the mobile site - I thought I had read somewhere that the mobile site was up and running?  I don't think so.  What I see on my phone is a minimized, but not really minimized, version of the regular site - not a mobile version.  A mobile version should be a basic site.  And we won't even get to the posting issue since I have yet to actually be able to post.  To be honest, I stopped trying around Thanksgiving but I did give it a shot this morning.  I don't have the required credentials...whatever those are.

dyk, this site.  Well, to say that it's horrible would be an understatement, not to mention vague.  So let's get specific.

dyk, the ads.  Until the mobile site went away, I did 99.9% of my reading on my phone.  The reason?  Ads.  So to avoid the ads, I just stopped coming to the regular site.  Well, that option is gone.  So now if I want to visit the boards and post I have to deal with the ads.  I'm not talking about pop-up ads in the traditional sense, I'm talking about those &^*&(&( ads that cover your screen when you accidentally roll-over something.  And then there are the banner ads across the top and on the side which are annoying at best.  And lead me to my next issue.

dyk, the slowness of the board.  Not sure if the board has always been this slow to load, but no other site I visit takes this long.  And I know that it's a direct relationship to the ads because unless I hit stop on my browser, the page will take forever to finish loading and the only things that have not loaded are the ads.

dyk, the formatting.  This is in no way directed towards the members that are having these issues, I feel your pain, but no matter what some people do their posts are all scrunched together and it's hard to read.

dyk, the reply box.  If my message goes past the size of the box, I have to manually scroll down to see the next line.  Not a big deal, but really?  Even microsoft word automatically moves you.

dyk, logging in.  Ha.  Good luck.  Usually takes 3 or 4 attempts to log-in and the 'stay logged in' option doesn't work.  If I can't get logged-in after the 2nd attempt, I've stopped trying.  Doubt that I'm alone in that.

dyk, new message indicator.  Back in the day we'd have THOUSANDS of postings in the dyk, imagine how difficult it would be to find where you left off without the new message/unread message count.  Guess it doesn't matter anymore.

dyk, the board options.  I like to have 50 messages on my screen - especially no with all of the other issues.  I can get 50 messages, until I go to the next page.  No signatures - it takes forever for some signatures to load, so I turn them off.  Works great.  Until I go to the next page.  Why even bother having the options?

dyk, I understand that there were business reasons for the switch, but I am doubtful that this new board was properly tested and vetted out before the switch.  I understand that Sandy had an impact to the offices, but even the bloody R line is back up and running now.  I understand that 'they' (whomever 'they' are) are working on these issues, but has anyone considered the thought that maybe iVillage isn't capable of taking these boards in house?

dyk, personally I'm a little tired of being told that 'they are working on it' and not seeing any results.  These things are not out of the norm - I would think that being able to keep members logged in, he|| even being able to LOG IN, would be a basic function of a website that has log-in requirements.  I wouldn't think that being able to keep personalized options would be that difficult.  I wouldn't think that making ads as least invasive as possible would be that difficult.  But maybe I'm wrong and all of these things are difficult - which is why if I had a website with message boards I'd hire a professional to ensure that these things were taken care of.

Past Races:
-Boston Run to Remember Half Marathon, 5/29/11 (2:35:11, no training!)
-Corporate Run, 3.5 miles 6/2/11 (36:38, 4 days after running the half!)
-BAA 10k, 6/26/11 (1:04:52, wanted to be under an hour...)
-Tavern to Tavern
Administrator
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 11:24am

DYK I want you to know I've passed along your comments.

DYK I don't know if it will help or not but we have a board where you can get recent updates if you are interested in checking it out:http://www.ivillage.com/forums/ivillage-women/around-ivillage/ivillage-help

Karla

iVillage Member
In reply to: joy_ny
Thu, 01-03-2013 - 8:32pm

DYK hi, Elizabeth!

:)

Photobucket

Pages