2014 Fitness Goals

Community Leader
2014 Fitness Goals
Thu, 01-02-2014 - 11:37am

Do you have any fitness goals you would like to reach this year? 

Karla
Community Leader
WALKING
EXERCISE and HEALTHY LIVING

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 01-26-2014 - 9:29am

Goal setting is a fabulous tool for meeting your fitness goals. Research has shown that written goals are much more likely to be met than goals that are not written. I have found out a workout program and diet program to fit my individual needs. I know I need to form a habit to accomplish my goals.

Community Leader
Fri, 01-10-2014 - 10:42am
Mine is to just start back on a consistent fitness regiment. I took off most of the fall, and at the moment I am concentrating on the eating portion of things, keeping it healthy and getting back into good habits. I also hate that I am paying for a Y membership every month and don't use it. I use it quite a bit in the summers as we frequent the pool. I also have a tendency to think if i don't have the time or energy to do a full work out, its not worth doing and I need to change that attitude as I know every little thing helps, even a ten minute walk/jog.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-03-2014 - 8:03pm
Karla, I haven't ridden a 'real bike since I was up in college .the biking at. The gym is stationary and requires no balance....I am not a competitive person...for me working out is social and meditative(not at the same time).. The 5ks I've run have been of the fun run kind, to support an organization...but I do love running and swimming for the sheer joy and challenge of them!
Community Leader
Fri, 01-03-2014 - 12:08pm

SJ, you are so consistent with your workouts! Have you ever considered a triathlon? I would think you to be a great candidate since you can do everything.

And good luck with your 12 minute mile! You can totally do it. I hope to start back jogging once or twice a week next week. We can be running partners. 

Karla
Community Leader
WALKING

Community Leader
Fri, 01-03-2014 - 12:03pm

Fresh, I would love to be able to do a handstand but I am so afraid to try. Maybe by the time I can do wall walks by myself I can at least try to do a handstand. 

And I think dancing for cardio would be so fun. So much funner than the treadmill. ;-)

Karla
Community Leader
WALKING

Community Leader
Fri, 01-03-2014 - 11:58am

Gym, I can't imagine what you are going through. I can barely manage with a headcold for a few days. I hope they find some kind of cure for you and you are able to get back to working out more regularly. 

Karla
Community Leader
WALKING

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-03-2014 - 8:42am

I will like to totally transform my body by losing between 65.3 -60.3 lbs to be a goal weight of 150-155lbs. I will be doing various intense workouts from beachbody.com. I am currently doing focus T25 start P90X3 Monday and along with 3 weeks of Gamma T25 then more than likely will redo insanity. 

Attachment: 
Community Leader
Thu, 01-02-2014 - 8:02pm

In watching that, I realized that I want to learn to do a balanced handstand.  When I searched on youtube, one person recommended your wall walks to practice.  :)  I like the yoga with handstands and advanced balances, so perhaps a side crow is another goal.  I would also like to lower my A1C by .3 points which I interpret as a maintenance weight of 5 pounds less than what I am now (e.g., lose my holiday eating weight gain.)  I think I should also set a goal of dancing (ine and/or ballroom) 2 - 3 times a week.  That would be added cardio that I enjoy doing.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-02-2014 - 7:12pm
My goals are not that different from what I already do - lift three times a week, run twice a week...hopefully increasing gradually from 2 miles to 3 miles without adding a lot more time...I would like to run a 12 minute mile...swim once a week..lots of Zumba (once a week is 'lots'). I'd like to find a way to add Pilates back....keep up the amount I walk...log what I do...I got out of this habit last year and I want to get back to it,
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-02-2014 - 5:42pm

No...  I would like to be working out again regularly though.  I hope to be feeling well enough soon to get back to that.  I miss it. 

Pages