Breakdown your 150 minutes of "moderate" exercise a week

Community Leader
Breakdown your 150 minutes of "moderate" exercise a week
Mon, 10-14-2013 - 2:42pm

As fsn was talking about her husband's suggestion that she do more cardio, what do you all do these days? Approximately how many days do you work out, what do you do each time and for how long?  

Mon: zumba or rest--60 mins

Tues: zumba or run (if I do zumba Monday, then I'll run Tuesday)--30-45 mins run or 60 min zumba

Wed: parkour and silks: 2 hours but there's a lot of down time

Thursday: teach step (60 mins) and zumba at night on occasion

Friday: parkour/silks (2 hours)

Sat: silks if I didn't do it Friday and parkour

Sun: 30-45 min run; parkour (2-3 hours, depends on how I feel)

So, looking at that, it seems like a lot but keep in mind there is A LOT of waiting around for silks and zumba.  We all do a move, wait for others, etc.  The only sweat dripping workout is running; and some intervals in parkour.  

Community Leader

You guys all rock, and I feel like a slacker.  :O

Sunday. 60 minutes yoga

Monday Walking/training dog:  60-120 minutes

Tuesday. 75 minutes yoga

Wednesday Linedancing, total duration 2-3 hours, but not continuous

Thursday. 60-120 minutes dog walking/training

Friday. 60 minutes yoga or ballroom dancing

SaturdDo class schedule changed so this may be my rest day. :O

Community Leader

The 50 minutes are definitely challenging but I'm trying to focus on conditioning my mind/body for running right now so I am just getting in 5 miles. I've been running in ideal weather conditions so far so I will have to see how I do with not so good conditions out. 

My weight lifting varies. Often one of the trainers will put up a workout on this dry erase board we all call "the board" and I'll do that if I can't think of something on my own. Otherwise I try to do something like: 3 sets of bi, tri, back, abs, leg and then the next day I'll do chest, shoulders, abs, a different leg. I generally have tried to keep my weight lifting a few days apart and squeeze in a third day but right now I can't find the time. 

And I have always been impressed by SJ's workouts too. I am not by nature a strong person and SJ's workouts look like it would take brute strength to get through. ;-)

Karla
Community Leader
WALKING
EXERCISE and HEALTHY LIVING

Community Leader

Your workouts have always impressed me. I'd love to add something like pilates or yoga to my workouts. I really need to work on flexibility but am too lazy to do it on my own,

Community Leader

It's awesome that you've suddenly become this runner and go out for 50 minutes at a time!  What are you doing when you lift?

iVillage Member
My weeks are pretty standard, but of course some variety creeps in... Sunday - walk 30 minutes, sometimes swim 30-60 minutes, 5 minutes of abs, sometimes rest day Monday - walk 80 minutes, 5-10 minute bike warmup, 50 minutes lifting for chest/back, 10 minutes abs, run 1-2 miles(15-30 minutes) Tuesday - walk 80 minutes, swim 30-60 minutes, 5 minutes of abs Wednesday - walk 80 minutes, 20 minutes stretching and foam rolling, 45 minutes lifting for legs, 10 minutes abs Thursday - walk 80 minutes, 5-10 minutes bike warmup, 50 minutes lifting for shoulders, bis, tris, 10 minutes abs, run 1-2 miles (15-30 minutes) Friday - usually rest day, occasionally Zumba or swimming if I Know I won't workout on the weekend, 80 minutes walk either way Saturday - Zumba, abs, sometimes swimming, 30- 60 minutes walking I walk to work, to the gym, and home, plus for most of my errands. I wish I could fit a Pilates class in but the times the class is offered doesn't fit in my schedule easily...
Community Leader

My workouts change every few weeks (depending on work and babysitting) but recently my weeks look something like this:

Sunday: Long run in morning (50 minutes at this time); 30-45 minute walk in evening

Monday: 30 minute run; 25-35 minute weights depending on what group I am working; 30 minute walk

Tuesday: 25-35 minutes weights different groups from Monday and 45-60 minutes walking

Wednesday: 30 minutes run; 45 minutes Insanity

Thursday: 45-90 minute walking depending on time

Friday: Rest or depending on schedule up to 60 minutes walking.

Saturday: body  weight exercises ; 30 minute run 

Karla
Community Leader
WALKING
EXERCISE and HEALTHY LIVING