Sign in difficulties on Monday...2019 error message

Community Leader
Sign in difficulties on Monday...2019 error message
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 8:53am

Good Monday Morning!  After a full week of no workouts, I couldn't stand it,even though I was thoroughly exhausted, so I went to yoga yesterday.  When I came home, I took a two hour nap, ate dinner, did some admin work, and went back to bed.  I feel a bit better today though.

Busy week - two work meetings - one for the new leadership (meet and greet), a retirement party (local office closing so they laid off many), and work, work, work.  Tomorrow, I have work and I am supposed to take a big office linedancing to a new venue.   I met a lady who does therapy dog work at the local hospital, and she is confident that my dog will qualify, just after watching him when I was training him.  I think it would be rewarding to bring a smile to the faces of sick people.  At least it would be something positive for me...and perhaps it would help my customers see me in a different "light".

I also have lots of legal stuff to attend to since I have court next week.  Big UGH.  "Calgon, take me away."  At least I have my health and wonderful family around me.  This yucky midwest winter weath is so dang stanky, though.  :(

Pages

Community Leader
Tue, 12-11-2012 - 7:17am

Fine line between common sense and fear!Laughing

iVillage Member
The gym here is small, and I haven't investigated much of the equipment yet. There are three bikes, three treadmills, and 2 weight benches in one room, and equipment in another. It is quite busy at the time I've been going, but I hope to go Saturday and I hope it will be quieter. There are different locker rooms for the gym and the itness classes. The class studio is good sized, mirrored walls, and Hamas, ball etc. I have only been to Zumba, but next week I plan to try Ball Pilates. The Zumba instructor is good...energetic, clean movements, and prety choreography. There is one song, I think of it at the 'alay alay alay' song and near the end, you drop and do push ups. The first two nights I just bounced in place and laughed, but tonight I was ready and hit the floor with everyone else. You actually circle while you do the pushups...very unique and fun. So proud of myself...
Community Leader
Wed, 12-12-2012 - 6:42pm

Soundslike a fun zumba class!  Push ups are a great addition.

Community Leader

Karla, that dog story is HORRIBLE.  That is why dh says we should NEVER get a rescue dog - you don't know how the previous owner treated the dog, and since it is still an animal with animal instincts, you never know how the dog will react in a given situation.  Knowing that a mastiff recently killed its new owner (she was an EMT, so she was competent), it's all very sad.

SJ, that's a WONDERFUL zumba class, and just shows that you never know what the zumba class will be like until you take it.  When I see the women at our gym doing zumba, it's more of a movement class, and not a workout, imho...but, one day, that may be all that I do (movement, that is.)  :P

Pages