Sign in difficulties on Monday...2019 error message

Community Leader
Sign in difficulties on Monday...2019 error message
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 8:53am

Good Monday Morning!  After a full week of no workouts, I couldn't stand it,even though I was thoroughly exhausted, so I went to yoga yesterday.  When I came home, I took a two hour nap, ate dinner, did some admin work, and went back to bed.  I feel a bit better today though.

Busy week - two work meetings - one for the new leadership (meet and greet), a retirement party (local office closing so they laid off many), and work, work, work.  Tomorrow, I have work and I am supposed to take a big office linedancing to a new venue.   I met a lady who does therapy dog work at the local hospital, and she is confident that my dog will qualify, just after watching him when I was training him.  I think it would be rewarding to bring a smile to the faces of sick people.  At least it would be something positive for me...and perhaps it would help my customers see me in a different "light".

I also have lots of legal stuff to attend to since I have court next week.  Big UGH.  "Calgon, take me away."  At least I have my health and wonderful family around me.  This yucky midwest winter weath is so dang stanky, though.  :(

Pages

Community Leader

Hi Fresh,

There is a site-wide problem that is causing many problems such as odd error messages and log in difficulties. I have no information on when it is going to be fixed, I just know that it will be fixed as soon as possible. I know that doesn't help much but do know that I am passing along everyone's comments and concerns.

That being said, I am on cloud 9. I took a two hour final in Ethics this morning and I passed the horrid class with an A! Woohooooooo!!! 

I have two more finals this week and then starting next week, I am revamping my exercise program. I'm going to add in more Yoga and focus on cardio for a few months. 

Hubby is on vacation this week and I have more studying to do. It is very hard to study when he is watching the History Channel and hollering for me to "come look at this" every two minutes. lol 

Karla
Community Leader
WALKING
EXERCISE and HEALTHY LIVING

Community Leader

CONGRATULATIONS!  What a relief, you ginormously smart person, you.  :D  Bask in the glory...I LOVE that feeling!

Community Leader

Difficulties for me, too. Thanks for the update, Karla, and good job on the Ethics class!  Glad you're feeling better, fsn.  What is dog therapy--do you bring your puppy to people who need cheering up?

I had a client this morning and then three advice clients.  I've posted about this on FB but will talk about it here, too. One of the clients is working in Beijing temporarily and spends a few weeks here. My cousin's wife works for the State Dept and has been assigned to Beijing the past few years.  It turns out they know each other well and share a housekeeper. And, also that this client knows my husband and worked for him at a CG tours many years ago. It's a crazy small world!

I'm not sure what I'll be doing as a workout but need to do something. I am in the worst shape I've been as long as I can remember, even when I was pregnant. I just hate feeling this way!

iVillage Member

FSN -  Don't forget to rest somewhere in all of that. 

Karla - Good job! 

Jean - I hate to point out the obvious but people doing parkour and silks are NOT IN BAD SHAPE.  It's sort of, you know, impossible to do those things and be out of shape.  Stop being so hard on yourself.  

I had kind of a rough start to my morning.  DH was kind enough to take my phone out of the bedroom so the kitty alarm wouldn't wake me but he forgot that I had work this morning and use that to get myself up on time.  I got up about 10 minutes late which isn't a huge deal but it had me rushing around and I really dislike rushing around.  I saw one client and then went for an eletrolysis/laser appointment.  My afternoon appointment cancelled so I ran some errands as well.  Planning to do strength training this afternoon. 

Breakfast: yogurt, granola, honey

Snack: edamame

Lunch: chicken sandwich, chocolate

Snack: 

Dinner: new recipe - crispy shiitake salad

Community Leader

Speaking of dog therapy, I heard the saddest story from this older woman at the shoe store yesterday. I was browsing boots and this very older woman comes up and she asks if she can assist me. I tell her I was just looking and we got to chatting. I noticed scars on her arms and she saw me looking and told me what happened. She had been out walking her tiny little dog (showed me pics) that she had for 14 years and they both got attacked by a larger dog. She tried to stop the attack and the dog tore her up and killed her pet. She was hospitalized.

I felt so bad as she was telling me the story. I can't imagine how she survived a dog attack she looked so frail. She said she decided to get a cat just recently and believes she got the best cat ever born. My heart was breaking listening to her. 

Karla
Community Leader
WALKING
EXERCISE and HEALTHY LIVING

Community Leader
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 4:35pm

Yeah, it takes upper body strength to do silks but with parkour, mostly I just stand around and watch and make minor attempts. I don't know why I hold back so much. I can run up the ramp and grab the wall but the idea of leaping at it and pulling myself up high freaks me out.  So,I don't really do most of the moves and the ones I do, I just go through the motions. I remember people doing that in skating and skiing and thought they'd never get further unless they put in more effort. That's me now.

I hate waking up late, even if I make it on time.  It's jarring for me, maybe because I'm so obessive compulsive. It goes back to that essay you posted about worrying and being content and okay with being late.

Community Leader
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 4:37pm

That's so sad.  It all comes back to bad dog owners and ones who don't train theirs.  Her poor little dog.

iVillage Member

I think all stunts should be tempered with common sense.  :)  

And no kidding on being jarring...  I need some time to wake up and I have a lot to do in the morning so time to relax for me.  It all worked out though. 

iVillage Member

Hello from Krakow, where it was 9 degrees and foggy yesterday..tonight it is snowing.   I went to the gym and biked for ten minutes, then lifted - combo lifts with abs in between.  Thrill of the night, one of the Polish guys walked by and said'excellent form' to me....I bailed on the gym on Saturday but I am signed up for Zumba tomorrow, so this week is starting well.   FSN, glad you are feeling better.  Karla, congrats on your A, Jean, what are your fitness goals?  How do you know you are out of shape?  You are investing time in working out, but perhaps you need to redirect?  Gymrat, I allow myself th minimum time in th morning, so if I oversleep, I am late...no way to recover.  

Community Leader
Tue, 12-11-2012 - 7:16am

Awesome compliment!  Given how many people can be at a gym, it's nice someone noticed you and your form! What are gyms like there?  Is the equipment similar? Although, every gym here also varies so it might be hard to compare. 

It's a good question about my fitness goals. For the most part, I want to be more fit than my activities require so that as I improve, my improvment doesn't depend on my lack of fitness.  But, I'm already there on parts of aerial silks in lakc of strength.  I was upside down w/ the silk around the leg and the instructor told me to sit up and grab the silk with one hand while the other held the silk below. I didn't have the core strength to get up. That bothers me, for all the working out, especially core work, that I do. It's not about technique which I'm fine with but about lack of strength.

But, this all might be my feeling out of shape because I feel my waist getting bigger.  I did Zumba and then bootcamp (awesome class--we did tabatas but two back to back, no rest so it was 8 minutes total. LOL, I called the instructor out on it after class and he laughed and said he had an hour to fill...).  I could work harder than others in the bootcamp class, at least w/ proper form, and was barely winded.  But, I also think your body remembers what it's done in the past and I've taught that for long enough that I have that base.

Pages