iVillage Message Board Update (12/10)

Administrator
iVillage Message Board Update (12/10)
Mon, 12-10-2012 - 12:21pm

Hi Everyone,

I know many of you have been experiencing technical difficulties with iVillage for a while now and I wanted to update you on the situation. Here is a post from our Community Director, Jessica, about the situation:

http://www.ivillage.com/forums/ivillage-women/around-ivillage/ivillage-help/ivillage-help/latest-update-12-10-12

Hi, everyone.

I know I haven't posted an update in quite some time. Unfortunately, there's not much to report. Here's why:

When the boards started experiencing slowness -- pages taking forever to load, pages timing out and failing, etc. -- that became the top priority for the tech team. Shortly after they started investigating, it was brought to our attention that the slowness on the boards was slowing down the rest of the site as well. What started out as a message boards fix turned into a site-wide fix, with many more moving parts to take into account.

They're still working on these issues, including the login & posting failures. (The two issues are related, turns out.)

One small fix did go through though -- they raised the character limit for signatures from 255 to 1000. I bet many of you have seen signatures showing up again? 

I'm getting an update from the tech team about the login/posting bug this morning, and I'm meeting with the higher-ups (all of them) at iVillage on Wednesday. We need a final solution to all of the issues we're having -- everyone here agrees on this. We can't keep going the way we are, and we know it. Should be an interesting meeting!

Thanks!

Jess

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-12-2012 - 9:07am

Karla,

Thank you for the update.

Here's my stance on this - iVillage is a commercial entity and it decided that having message boards for various female targeted audiences would be good for their brand.  None of us on this site have paid a dime to be here and all of us have benefitted tremendously from it.  I'm sure I can speak for many of the board members here when I say that iVillage deserves all of the patience we can muster.  I, for one, am grateful that someone thought it was a good idea to have a bulletin board for women runners. 

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm sure you all are stressed beyond belief over this.  I will keep watching and when the site is all 'healed' I will be back at my normal (but low!) levels of participation.  I think you guys are great. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-12-2012 - 9:56am

I can reply to this but still can't start a thread! :(

Photobucket

Administrator
Thu, 12-13-2012 - 11:19am

Thank YOU!

Karla

Administrator
Thu, 12-13-2012 - 11:20am

Maria,

This has been an issue for a few days now. Have you tried today (Thursday Dec 13)? Many are reporting they can now post, reply, etc.

Karla