Where to find shoe specialist

iVillage Member
Registered: 04-11-2012
Where to find shoe specialist
Mon, 06-03-2013 - 1:06pm

One of my friends told me to go to a sports store that will do an analysis of my gait to find a really good pair of workout shoes. I don't know where to find a place like that. I tried Hibbett's (which is the only sports store in my area) and they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Can anyone help?

Community Leader
Registered: 04-07-2008
Sun, 06-09-2013 - 9:08am

I am not sure how to find something local for your area but have you tried this out: http://www.runnersworld.com/shoeadvisor 

Community Leader

iVillage Member
Registered: 01-23-2013
Sun, 06-09-2013 - 9:13am

I checked with the rehabilitation center in my town and a physical therapist was able to recommend a store where I could get a gait analysis. I did it and I am so happy that I took the time to look around.

Just a warning however, be prepared for sticker shock on the shoes.