Do You Have $1,000 Saved for an Emergency?

Administrator
Do You Have $1,000 Saved for an Emergency?
Wed, 01-11-2012 - 9:06am

I have heard for many years that the way to get yourself out of debt is to first save $1000 for an emergency. How does someone who is in debt do that??

Personal finance expert Carmen Wong Ulrich shares her top three tips to start saving and stop wasting: $1000 for an Emergency

Do you have a plan to start saving some emergency cash?

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-18-2012 - 1:34pm

AS a retired person, I do't have any income except what is pulled form my IRA each month so what I try to do is cut monthly spending and let my checking account accumulate.

CL for "

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 9:29am

I am wondering if you are getting ss benefits?? I live off a small pension stipend and I have savings and no job.. lost job and income when when economy went down so did money as we all know.

I have expenses and I do have an emergency fund but that is just in my savings account.. I dont know how to live in a city where expenses are huge.. rents are high and cost of living is high. Its a struggle and there is not much work around for me . I am almost 58 year old female.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-19-2012 - 11:36am
freeatlast2008 wrote:

I am wondering if you are getting ss benefits?? I live off a small pension stipend and I have savings and no job.. lost job and income when when economy went down so did money as we all know.

I have expenses and I do have an emergency fund but that is just in my savings account.. I dont know how to live in a city where expenses are huge.. rents are high and cost of living is high. Its a struggle and there is not much work around for me . I am almost 58 year old female.

CL for "