If you could sum up 2010

Administrator
If you could sum up 2010
Wed, 12-08-2010 - 1:49pm

Looking back on this past year (wow-can you believe we are already at the end of 2010) what would you say about it? Was there something about this year that really got your attention more than anything else? What was that one thing that really caused you concern or gave you a reason to celebrate? Was it something newsy (like the economy) or something more personal?

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-09-2010 - 7:52pm

All I can say is that it went by very fast!

The first half of 2010 we were mourning my father. It was difficult for everyone, but especially for my mother. My parents had a good marriage overall, and their relationship was strong. It was difficult to see my father's health decline so very quickly but it was not easy either to have him leave us. In our heads we knew that it was for his best. For our hearts that wasn't much of a consolation.

2010 has also been the year that I've been looking at doing my own things and possibly creating my own business. It's still going to take some time as I've got other commitments, but I'm getting there. The creative side of my brain, which shut down when I became a caregiver, has begun to awaken :-)

This is also the year my nephew began to morph from cute little boy in elementary school to pre-teen middle schooler.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-13-2010 - 1:43pm

It did indeed go by very fast!

I found the midterm elections extremely upsetting, not just because of who won and lost but because of how the campaigns were waged.

CL for "

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-14-2010 - 3:19pm

Up until October or November, I would have said 2010 was an awesome year. I've tried really, really hard to focus on being positive and doing what I can to have a peaceful and satisfying life. I lost some weight and toned up this summer, and my daughter turned 13, which was a huge deal! I spent a lot of time reminiscing about her childhood and thanking my lucky stars for having been blessed with such a remarkable child. I've also done a lot to make our home cozier, and I have become quite a homebody.

Things started declining financially for us during the last few months of the year due to the economy, and that has caused a tremendous amount of stress. Caly had a couple of health scares, and I am just not feeling like myself these days. I am sad to be ending the year on a negative note, but I am hoping that January will bring a clean slate.

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-30-2010 - 2:10pm
my 2010 in one word was chaotic.... my dh got a job promotion but did know for sure "when" we would be moving and we could not tell anyone right away which I thought was not right esp when you have teenagers ...then we tried to find a house big enough for us and nothing !! but we lucked into a house but with big boys it is too small really but I wanted to get moved before school started and then the fun began with trying to get everything organize with moving and changes of address ...then the "fun" began after we got here - 2 boys dropped out of school, bills became a nightmare as we could not find out statements ( I put it in a box specifically marked, and have yet to find that darn box!!) and I miss my mom big time....I used to talk to her every day but I have only talked to her on the phone 3X since August but have done many emails....then also on top of that I was struggling with my depression/pms crap....it was just "crazy" hopefully things will look up soon for us in 2011..... Susan
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-04-2011 - 11:09pm

In Love and Peace, Anna
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-06-2011 - 11:29am
Ting, I hope that 2011 has already started on a good note for you and your family.
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-06-2011 - 11:32am
Susan, have you been able to find the box yet? And have you been able to persuade your sister and mom to use Skype to talk? I've been using this site to talk for a very long time, especially for work. It was easy to set up a conference call between everybody (and we were in 4 different countries.)
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-06-2011 - 11:35am

So far, so good! Thanks!

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-06-2011 - 11:40am

Welcome to the board, AnnaKate.

Congratulations on all these huge accomplishments and realizations that you made in 2010, and thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I know that your post will inspire many people reading this board.

May 2011 be a wonderful year for you!

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-08-2011 - 3:51pm

Yes, it's good to be back to ivillage!!! I hope people find my recovery path one of hope. I do!!! I try to live it that way. It's also good to hear from you again. I met you when you subed as the cl for the eating disorder board, and always found your posts to be inspirational. It's good to find you here. I'm sorry about the death of your Dad. I know that would be a very hard thing to go through.

In Love and Peace, Anna

Pages