Mystery of Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

Administrator
Mystery of Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
Mon, 03-10-2014 - 12:30pm

Has anyone been following that missing jet story (http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/10/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1) Does it sort of seem a little like "LOST" with the passport stories, etc?

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-10-2014 - 6:59pm
The thing I found most. Interesting is the comment that 'on a flight that size, there are likely to be a couple of people with stolen passports'. What? I am taking off my coat, shoes, belt, earrings and no one is running passports through Interpol's database? And someone is paying cash for one way tickets at the last minute? And that raises no red flags? I am not afraid to die, and I love to fly, but when I am standing in the TSA lines, I have to think that maybe the terrorists are winning.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-11-2014 - 12:12pm

I agree with you! I find the security so annoying and then to find out that the person in front of me could be on a stolen passport because they find it more important to check their shoes?!

And yes-the story does have some elements of "LOST".

Brenda

Administrator
Fri, 03-14-2014 - 2:52pm

And the "LOST" feeling continues:

Missing Malaysian plane: Could it have landed?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/14/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Community Leader

I saw a former pilot post that she thinks it was a complete electrical faillure on the flight, and that they knew for hours, until the plane crash landed in the ocean, with possible survivors in life boats?!  I don't understand why sattelite wouldn't/couldn't pick up some signs, but, then, I don't know the details of the technologies that we have.  It's all so sad, but, yes, I wonder if there are some spooky "Lost" qualities at work here.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-17-2014 - 12:28pm

I saw a picture on FB that says "they can keep track of our cell phones but can lose a plane.." and that really sums it up for me. This is the first time in years I have really paid a lot of attention to a news story and I find this one very intriguing. Sort of like a mini-series.