Ayurveda Beginner-Kapha-Vegetarian .101

iVillage Member
Ayurveda Beginner-Kapha-Vegetarian .101
Mon, 12-13-2010 - 6:30pm

I stumbled upon a Ayurvedic cookbook at the bookstore the other day and have since checked out another handful of Ayuveda books from the library. I'm fascinated by this subject...and a little scared. I'm definitely Kapha constitution. All the little quizzie thingys I score 80% Kapha 10% Pitta 10% Vata. Alot of my physical afflictions point to Kapha problems. I've never even heard of Ayurveda!! ~feels so clueless~ I've never eaten Vegetarian before so I think that's where alot of my fears are coming from. To be honest, I don't eat alot of vegetables either nor do I have a good working knowledge on how to prepare most of the vegetables. WTH do you do with an artichoke? Why is my red pepper empty? :smileyindifferent: I think I'll start with the easier veggies and move to the more exotic vegetables after I watch a couple dozen how to steam broccoli videos. Wish me luck! Advice welcomed.

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-14-2010 - 1:19am

A good cookbook that gives the basics for veg eating is very helpful.

I checked out Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything Vegetarian".

You will learn all kinds of ways to prepare foods, including vegetables.

You can steam vegetables, yes and that is always a decent option but there are other more exciting options when you want them.

Soliel
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-14-2010 - 2:40am

Thank you so much LV! I've already put the book on hold at the local library and will pick it up tomorrow. :smileyvery-happy:

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-14-2010 - 6:25pm

I just picked up the Mark Bittman book. Whoa...that's a big a$$ book! O.o It looks very well put together and specific on how to prepare veggies.Thanks again for the recommendation.