Ortho Evra vs Plan B
Find a Conversation
|Thu, 11-04-2010 - 4:44am|
Here's my dilemma. My mail out pharmacy sent my Ortho Evra patch late this month so I was already screwed up on Week 1. My normal patch day is Friday, I got the patch on Monday. So after working 3 - 12 hours shifts the beginning of this week it hit me today (Wednesday) that I forgot to put the patch on Monday. Here is my dilemma. I put the patch on right when I remembered I forgot and went to Ortho Evra's website. This is what the website says:
...in the middle of a patch cycle (Week 2/Day 8 or Week 3/Day 15), for 1 or 2 days (up to 48 hours):
- Apply a new patch immediately.
- The next patch should be applied on the usual "Patch Change Day."
- NOTE: No backup contraception is needed.
...for more than 2 days (48 hours or more):
- Stop the current cycle and start a new four-week cycle immediately by putting on a new patch. There is now a new "Patch Change Day" and a new "Day 1."
- NOTE: You must use backup contraception, such as condoms, spermicide or a diaphragm for one week because you may not be protected from pregnancy during this time.
So....I think back when I put the patch on Monday. It was at 2:30 pm. Pregnancy is NOT an option for me right now. So do I think that since it was 2 days that I'm fine or do I break it down in time form and think that I am technically over on the 48 hours by 8 hours and that I should go out and buy Plan B.
A little help please!