CIN3 & LEEP scheduled for 8/15

iVillage Member
CIN3 & LEEP scheduled for 8/15
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 8:22pm
Hello there,

I had my first (ever) PAP rest done back in June and the doctor within a week and said the result was HGSIL. She scheduled a Colposcopy for four weeks later and took two biopsies and did an ECC me late last week (6 days after biopsies were taken) and said "You're going to be fine but all of your biopsies came back as a Grade 3 Abnormality so I want to do a LEEP this month to remove the lesions and confirm there is no invasion" So I asked her if it was what shed called CIN3 during her explanation during the biopsy appt and she said yes. So, I told her I needed time to think about it and she said she would tell her scheduler to wait for me to call because I wasn't sure how I could get time off work so quick. So I called today to schedule and the woman put me on hold and another woman got on the phone and said "Hi, the doctor can do it 8/15) and she wanted to know if I could do a preop tomorrow. I told her I couldn't do the preop tomorrow but maybe we could do the preop on 8/15 and push the LEEP out (I'm having it done under general) and she said she didn't think the Dr would be okay with that but she would call me right back. Literally 5 min later, she called me back and said "The Dr. wants this taken care of and is willing to bypass the preop since you technically could have done in the office, so we will stick to the 8/15 date"

Why question is what the heck is the hurry? I get that this is severe dysplasia or Grade 3 as she said...but I've heard of women waiting months for a LEEP, why is she so anxious to get it done when they have no reason to suspect anything other than severe dysplasia?

From what I've read, it can take a decade to change into invasive if it ever does. Is this because it's my first PAP ever and they don't know how long it's been there? What does CIN3 mean on the ECC?

Please help.
Community Leader
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 5:17pm
That's very good news!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 2:51am
Pathology results: Carcinoma in Situ with unclear margins (but only milder dysplasia seen at margins)

At least there wasn't any invasive cancer found which is a huge relief. Followups every 3-4months for the next 2yrs. Next pap in Nov. Hoping for a better result in Nov!

Thanks for your kind words :smileyhappy:
Community Leader
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 12:06pm

Get lots of rest and I hope you feel better soon!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 12:11am
I spoke to the Dr before they put me under for the LEEP and she answered a lot of questions. I'm guessing the glandular involvement, the severity (CIN3), along with the positive ECC were the reason for the rush.

Crossing my fingers that the pathology isn't worse than the initial smaller biopsies.
Community Leader
Wed, 08-15-2012 - 1:05pm
Well, I think those are excellent questions for your doctor! Please come back and update us. Wishing you good thoughts on your procedure today!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 8:37pm
Woah lots of typos in my post. Dang, iPhone. Sorry bout that!