100 lbs goal: November 2013!! week 3

iVillage Member
100 lbs goal: November 2013!! week 3
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 11:23am

I posted the first week 3 on week 2. This is Day 4 of Week 3 and yesterday I was feeling lousy.  Today it isn't so bad, but I'm still struggling with what to do.

I have made a decision to stop eating sugar for one year - starting tomorrow! Ha Ha Ha ... always tomorrow.  Tomorrow is my mother's second anniversary of her death. Anniversary - usually associated with something happy - not this. But I have made a promise to my mother's memory that I will give up sugar for one year - until next November 2.

I usually don't promise things because I hate to break promises. I think promises should be solemn. I just think it is something I can try.

I am now desperate. And I could go back to a 12 step program, but I've tried that. I'll keep thinking.

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-01-2012 - 11:24am

the goals:

1 year with no sugar

try to be withing the height/weight range - I want to be in the 130s.

4'11" 103-134

iVillage Member
Fri, 11-02-2012 - 2:53pm

Week 3 - Day 5

I had to think about that one a bit, but since I started on a Monday, I guess I'm going Monday to Sunday. Today is kind of a I-don't-want-to-think kind of a day. Specially since it is my mom's second anniversary. Everyone misses her so much, still. I miss her.

I guess we all miss our "mother," no matter if we had one or not; or what the relationship was with them. I miss not having a good relationship with my mother. I wish we had been more on friendly terms.  I would have liked to have been my mother's friend. But I wasn't. She cared; she tried; she did.

I have no children - no daughters. I have no one to be a friend to, but what brought me to not having kids is not passing on my dysfunctionality. I think a few generations of that is enough. Perhaps I can get closer to my nieces and nephews. I love them so much as kids; and even like them as adults  -those that are adults now - and one that is on the brink of becoming his own man - my baby boy! My mother's favorite grandchild!!

But as far as me, as far as my health - today is the first day without sugar. I was thinking about this and what it is is life withouth extracted and then resued sugar I guess - because everything has sugar. Well primarily it is not to eat sugar breads, sweets, cookies, cakes. Bread and sugar mixed is my downfall. Perhaps if I can make it work, I will allow myself something on my birthday.

I feel sad, but I also feel this need to be more active, creative, useful ... I don't know. I feel like my life is a waste. I guess I just have to let this day go by and not eat sugar, then deal with tomorrow. Just let it happen and deal with the emotions.