100 lbs goal: November 2013 - Week 5

iVillage Member
100 lbs goal: November 2013 - Week 5
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 3:43pm

This is the 1st day of week 5. Last week I didn't post as much. Apparently no one is on the website anymore. But I keep on being on. I haven't had cakes, or cookies, or soda, or cinamon buns, since the 2nd of November! Yesterday, I had to fight the urge so badly. I wanted something sweet and gooey and juky. 

I don't see that I am losing weight despite leaving sugar. I don't eat much, but as the so called "experts" tell us your body shuts down - I guess. I will start exercising tomorrow. I just don't want to do it now because my sister is still visiting and I have to deal with my other sister on a regular basis, i don't want to deal with both of them at the same time.

I start vacation this week and I can't wait. I don't think it is going to be a problem. We really don't do Thanksgiving. Though my little sister loves doing it. But this year she is having an operation, and she says she can't. I told her I won't and I really don't care. It is not really our tradition. Unfortunately, my brother will be visiting for that long weekend. And I know I should be friendlier to my siblings, but right now I'm fed up with them.

I feel emotionally crappy today. I wish I had someone to talk to or someone to go out with. Or at least some kind of interest. I don't know. I'll take my vitamins and maybe the emotions will stop going all over the place. I know that doens't make sense, and I know I'm babbling.

Oh, well, to the cyber gods - or anyone that is reading - I'll hang in there.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-12-2012 - 10:53pm
Hi I am not able to get on very easily but I saw your post tonight and thought I would say 'hi'. Hope you have some good exercise tomorrow, and good going on the no sugar. SJ
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-13-2012 - 12:27am
I can so relate. When I have those days to eat junk I think how much more successful I would be on my journey if I had someone to talk to or hang out with. It's hard doing this and being all alone
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 4:06pm
thanks for your reply. I'm still on the no sugar thing, but fighting the urge every day. What keeps me is that I feel guilty if I break the promise. I made a promise to my mom that I wouldn't eat sugar for a year - I made it on the second anniversary of her passing, so maybe it's her way of helping me now that is not here. Whatever works, I guess!
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 4:09pm
Moordemp, if you ever want to email me, go ahead. I know it is hard for everyone to get on this website, but I also know that feedback is very good. I'll post my emal on your page. thanks for sharing.