Falling Below 200 by 2/16!

iVillage Member
Falling Below 200 by 2/16!
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 1:46pm

I'm back and I'm ready to keep pushing below 200! I'm STILL not there and I'm not letting go of this goal! I was OOT for two week in December. I did work out at a gym while I was in TX but my eathing really off set anything I was donig at the gym. I also didn't have any weight los during the month of November. For October I only lost 1 pound. Now that it's Janurary I feel like my body is ready to drop the weight I gained during the holidays (9pounds) and finally get below 200! My loseit ap says I can do this by 2/16 if I stick to plan. For me it's all about planning. As a note to myself there are some dates I need to keep in mind for eating right. 

1. Going OOT next month for 2 night for hubby's work trip. Need to think about foods/eating during the trip. I will book a hotel with indoor pool/hottub and fitness center 

2. I'm making a King Cake maybe even a couple. Must control mysel to one peice and let everyone else have the rest! I better make a good one! haha! 

3. Going to a Chocolate Festival in Feburary. I know, it's crazy but I want to go one mroe time before we move from this state. 

4. I'm going to a wine club starting this week each month. I don't care for wine but the snack foods need to stay at bay while I'm hanging out with friends. Maybe I'll eat before I go to wine night? 

sorry if i have misspelling. This site no longer has spell checker and I'm not a good speller. 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 1:51pm

I forgot my weigh in's!

1/1 I was 212lbs. Today I was 211.0. 

I've felt like such a fraud the past year. Everyone keeps telling me how much smaller I look but I havne't really lost any weight in a year. Maybe my body shape has changed since I started doing weights, but other than that I was 212 in Nov 2010. :( I gained in 2011 up to 220 something. Then got down to 203 last September. Now I'm back up to 211. SIGH. I've already lost a pound and that's what I'm focusing on now. Only 11 pounds to my next goal. Then I want to drop 5 more pounds in March before my friends wedding. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 4:50pm
Hey tmz...glad you are back...hopefully we will get the board going again....I don't buy in a lot to that 'muscle weighs more than fat' line, but I do think that you can change your body shape by working out and that plus good posture make you look better...you shouldn't feel like a fraud...even maintaining weight loss is hard work. I think our bodies do need to sometimes rest a little before the next changes. You go girl!
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 3:12pm
Thank you SJ! You know last year (2012) was the first year I ever did any weight lifting. I didn't know how until that trainer taught me what to do. I heard another trainer on TV say 'weight lifting changes your DNA.' I think she was going a little far with the DNA comment but I sort of feel like I have gotten a lot smaller except on the scale. I'm not sure. All I can say is in 2010 I lost 47 pounds and people said I looked smaller. I lost maybe 10 pounds compaired to when people saw me last and they are going crazy over the way I look. Even my 12 year old niece was staring at my tummy and said with a straight Only-a-child-can-give-you-honest-statement of "Aunt Krista you look smaller now." I think that's when I started to believe it. I know she doesn't have the ability to lie about something like that in the middle of the day for no reason. Out of the mouth of babes right? ;) Little update for today. My eating is going very well. I didn't go to the gym yesterday because I'm home taking care of my little sick one. I did Day 2 of the Ali Vincent 30 day Challenge (I'll link to it later). Here was the program for Day 2. Do each of these for 1 solid minute going as quick and steady as you can: forward lunges, squats, ankle twists (never done that one), plank (never did one for a whole minute), and crunches. I did all that a total of 5 times, resting 1 minutes after each set was done. I have to tell you my butt muscles are killing me today!! I can hardly bend over to clean and walking hurts!! Tonight my plan is to go to the gym after hubby gets home from work. I don't want to miss another gym day. Then I'm sending little one to school tomorrow while I'm at the gym. :) One last bit of good news! 1 pound less on the scale! Puts me at 210 today!!
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-08-2013 - 3:47pm
I dn't know if it changes your DNA but boy, for me, the need to lift is almost in my blood. I was afraid that I wouldn't work out at all here in Poland, but I joined a gym the first full week I was here. It is in the building where I work, and is of course different than my gym at home in a million ways...like everyone speaks Polish! There are two women's locker rooms, one for the pool goers and gym users, and one for people taking classes. The pool/gym one is kept very warm for the pool people..and since I seem to be the only woman who ventures into the gym, it's not a problem. The weight area is small, and i am jostling for space with big Polish guys...but I have been complemented on my good form. I could just take classes - I've been to Zumba a lot and Pilates once, but in my heart...I am a weight lifter. I feel so much better when I leave the gym than when I arrive. It is not like working with a trainer because I have to plan everything myself and I am not lifting as heavy without a spotter, but I still love it...sorry for hijacking our thread. Hope your little one is all better son. SJ
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 1:47pm
SJ- I've been trying to reply to you for nearly two days! Post away in here as much as you like! I love reading your insight and experiences!!! I have to know, what is it like doing Zumba in Poland?? I guess it doesn't matter if the class isn't in English, you just follow along? Today's Update: Doing really well! I'm really proud of my eating. I'm happy with my gym time this week. Not perfect. I missed on Tuesday night because at home Challenge kicked my butt. Wen I did great at the gym. Today I went but only did 20 minutes before the school called and said DD was sick. 20 minutes of elliptical isn't too bad. I'm taking her back to school tomorrow and going right to the gym to get it over with incase they call me again. Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm really excited! :) I'm seeing all my girlfriends then dinner with my hubby. I think Amazon just delivered my gift, but I'm not opening it. LOL!
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-10-2013 - 3:50pm
Happy birthday. The Zumba instructor is great and easy to follow but sometimes she is chatting and I think 'she could be saying 'are you ready to keel over yet' and I am just standing here smiling'. One night I went to Pilates on a stability ball and it was challenging because I had to watch and I usually do Pilates with my eyes closed. Because of the time difference I end up working late so I don't get enough time at the gym and not enough nights but I have to believe something is better than nothing.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-15-2013 - 5:39pm

It's mid Janurary already and time for a quick update before I head off to yoga. First time to yoga in nearly a year! I'm excited! 

On my birthday I gained 4 pounds! I was so sad to see that on Sunday when I weighed. That was all the weight I had lost since starting to work out this month!! I decided all I could do was drink lots of water and keep trying. When back tot he gym Monday. By Monday I had dropped a pound. By today I had dropped another 3 pounds. Perhaps it was all water weight but I didn't like it. I'm glad to be back to 208... where I was last Thursday. All I have to do is hang on to this weight and I'll have my 2 pounds lost for the "week." ANythhing extra is bonus! Thursday seems to be my offical weigh in day right now. 

I had some peace about the wedding weight loss stress yesterday. Today I got a little more stressed about it when I took my mesurments. I'm still around 2.5 inches too big in the hips and waste for the dress I ordered according to the chart. I just wish I had the dress in hand so I could try it on and really see where I'm at. I called the dress shop and I won't have it until the very end of Feb when we were told first week of Feb. Kinda bummed about that. Oh well. I just have to let it go and keep waiting. 

I think learning to get some peace about this weight loss journey is a new thing I need to learn this year. Yesterday I did something about that subject. There was a podcast I listened to where she said you have to start telling yourself you are happy with less food, your satified with a tab bit of hunger from time to time, and we need to dream a thin life and what it takes. Its helped today. I told myself "I'm happy I get to eat less food today because that's going to get me into a healthy state" "I'm happy to workout at my gym because it will make me stronger and smaller." That type of thinking. Anyways... I can't do that type of thinking 100% of the time but I think its a good goal to try for. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 3:00pm

Today I made it to the gym for 15 mins of weight lifting. I've never done a short session like that but I didn't have time for a full 30 mins, and I didn't want to miss weight all together. Then 33 mins on elliptical and 15 mins on rower. Fun time! I was beat when I got done!!!!!! Eating is going very well so far today. Last night was my first yoga class in about 9-10 months. I thought the class was too easy. I didn't get my heart rate up, no sweating, just lots of stretching. I was SO TIGHT. I'm going back next week. That's all the exercise I got yesterday. This morning I was very nervous to weight, but Shockingly I dropped 2 pounds! What in the world??! I'll take it! Tomorrow is my official weight in day. 

I'm excited about a new workout class I'm starting on Tuesday nights not at my gym. Its on a good day because I don't have child care at my gym on that day and its a rest day of sorts for me. After my hubby gets off work I'll be going to this workout class called the Happy Class. Its a hour long class. First half hour is cardio dance, second half hour is yoga and stretching. its very much a mind body type class. I think God is starting to speak to me in this journey that I need to find these little ways of finding more peace in my mind about this processes. I don't want to feel the need to FIGHT THE FAT... rather I want a calm peaceful way of melting the extra off. You know what I mean? I want to new mindset in all of this. I don't feel like I can be a "warrior" in this "battle" forever. Its mentally tiring to keep going like that. I want to keep going, but in a place where I'm accepting of this journey and open to being a better, stronger, smaller, and healthier me. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 5:43pm
Wow! I love the ideas you are talking about..not fighting your body but being at peace taking care of yourself. When you start to see healthy eating as a way to nurture your body and not a punishment for being fat...when you start feeling the best on the days you workout the hardest...that is when you have a life change to a sustainable plan...I am having to tell myself that 45 minutes at the gym is better than no time at the gym...I will be happy to get back to Eastern StandardTime ...I have been doing combo. Lifts to save time..squat, bicep curl, shoulder press. Lunge, hammer curl, side raise. Plié squat, upright row, tricep extension. The first one, I do all three in one set. The others I do a set of each, then rest. Because there is less rest time, I get more done...keep on with that great thinking...and enjoy Happy Class...
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 10:08am

For now Thursdays is my official weigh in days. Not exactly sure how that happened. lol! Today the scale said 205 and that is wonderful for me! 

1/10 208

1/17 205

Last Friday I had a set back of sorts with water weight or something. I weighed 212 last Sunday. I decided to drink plenty of water and eat right and get right back up on the horse. I think I just have that type of body that can gain weight very quickly. The weight tends to come off at a normal weight except with I hit plateau, but that takes weeks of weight loss to happen. My tracker says I'll be at my goal of 189 on March 14th. It was saying March 20th so who knows. I know it sounds like I'm a slave to the scale but it doesn't feel that way. I feel like its a tool in my chest of weight loss. Some friends have said just see how your clothes fit but I have this funny thing with clothing. I think because I was so paranoid for YEARS about being big and my clothing being too tight, I don't like things that fit or that might look too tight. In my mind I think "No one wants to see a really large person in clothing that is too small or tight for them." Its something my mom used to say and I think it does hold some validity. The problem is i've taken it a bit too far I think. Most of the time I wear clothes that are one size too big. For the past two days I've been wearing jeans that are 2 sizes too big. I wore a 3X sweater last night to see a friend! At the end of the day this brides maid dress is bringing up all my "issues" and I see that now. I'm making that connection. The problem is I'm facing it in the middle of the wedding in front of a couple hundred people with tons of photography. I'm going to use this as a teachable moment, I've got to. 

Pages