Falling Below 200 by 2/16!

iVillage Member
Falling Below 200 by 2/16!
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 1:46pm

I'm back and I'm ready to keep pushing below 200! I'm STILL not there and I'm not letting go of this goal! I was OOT for two week in December. I did work out at a gym while I was in TX but my eathing really off set anything I was donig at the gym. I also didn't have any weight los during the month of November. For October I only lost 1 pound. Now that it's Janurary I feel like my body is ready to drop the weight I gained during the holidays (9pounds) and finally get below 200! My loseit ap says I can do this by 2/16 if I stick to plan. For me it's all about planning. As a note to myself there are some dates I need to keep in mind for eating right. 

1. Going OOT next month for 2 night for hubby's work trip. Need to think about foods/eating during the trip. I will book a hotel with indoor pool/hottub and fitness center 

2. I'm making a King Cake maybe even a couple. Must control mysel to one peice and let everyone else have the rest! I better make a good one! haha! 

3. Going to a Chocolate Festival in Feburary. I know, it's crazy but I want to go one mroe time before we move from this state. 

4. I'm going to a wine club starting this week each month. I don't care for wine but the snack foods need to stay at bay while I'm hanging out with friends. Maybe I'll eat before I go to wine night? 

sorry if i have misspelling. This site no longer has spell checker and I'm not a good speller. 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 3:54pm
Hiding in your clothes is very common. Clothes that fit do not have to be too tight, but you and your child should not be able to fit in them at the same time! Toss out those 3x sweaters...you are not a 3x woman now, or ever again...it takes a long time before you can look in the mirror and see what is really there. I suggest a full length mirror, some nice body lotion, and nudity...looking at yourself and noticing the beautiful parts of you...you will be a beautiful bridesmaid whatever size you are and whatever you weigh...because you are a good freind...but I too am a scale person..I have no scale here, but my clothes still fit....
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 11:04am
Oh SJ you cracked me up with saying my little one and I shouldn't fit in my clothes! You are so right!! LOL! I've been doing what you've said about really looking at myself. At the gym's locker room it has a really big mirror. When no one is in there I stop and look at myself. I also saw a picture of me on Facebook and also started to "see It." The weight loss I mean... Its so strange still but like I've said in the past I try not to think about it too much because it starts making me feel really uncomfortable. I'm trying to take some baby steps and I feel like that is really working for me. Very slowly my mind is starting to change just recently. Its a good thing, ya know? :)
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-23-2013 - 11:10am

Another update on my week. My DD is out of school for the first half of the week so my gym time is limited. Thurs she goes back and I'll be back at the gym starting Thurs. Last night I went to my Tuesday evening yoga class that I started a couple weeks ago. Its honestly the easiest yoga class I've ever done! I don't feel like I'm donig anything really hard in the class except for the fact that I'm really tight because I've taken off so many months from yoga. Last week the day after yoga I dropped 2 lbs. Today the same thing happened! I wonder what the deal is? Maybe my workouts need a change!! Next week I'm starting a dance and yoga mix group fitness class. I hope the same results continue! Tomorrow is official weigh in day- can't wait!! haha! Oh how times have changed! haha! 

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 1:54pm
Weigh in Day last week 1/17 205 today 1/24 203 SCORE!!!! I'm happy with that number! I was at 203.4 yesterday and today it was exactly 203.0 so I wished it was a tad less so that I could be 202 but that's OK for now! My goal has been to drop 2lbs until I reach 189 before the wedding. So far its working out very well and I just want to keep trucking. I had a funny convo with Mom the other day. I started off with me asking for the 500th time if she has a extra water pill. I know that I'll be very swollen after I travel and need a pill. Then I go to tell her she's got to get all junk food out of the house! she's laughing hysterically while telling me ok ok, yes I'll clean up. She then asks me what i'm going to do after the wedding. I tell her I plan to eat like no other. LOL! It was just a funny moment of me being silly worried and her just playing along doing what she can to help me out. I'm honestly so happy this wedding thing has happened because I'm pushing myself again and I'm happy about that. I really had wanted to be a normal weight by the time we moved this summer. This April wedding is a BIG kick start to that plan. Its been stressful but I'm seeing the 'bigger picture' and I know its all going to work out for me this year. :) Ok... now on to next week and reaching 201!
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 1:06pm

I'm having a really hard day and a really yucky week. I've had a set back and I'm really disappointed with myself about it. Last fri I started my time of the month and ate ate and ate some more. All I wanted was the saltiest foods I could find. I worked out just a couple times. I stopped weighing in each day because I knew it was bad. I had got down to 202 on Friday. Last night I went to my new workout class called the Happy Class. I ate really well yesterday only going over my calories by 50 for the day. I left the class feeling really happy that I had done something new and good for myself. 

Anytime I start a new cut back in my food I immediately can't sleep well. I get hungry and I feel anxious because my coping mechanism has suddenly been taken away from me again. I'm like a smoker when it comes to food. Just a few days puffing and I'm hooked like a 20 year smoker! I didn't go to sleep until nearly 3 am and thus I feel really run down today and didn't go workout this morning. I weighed in and gained 4 pounds since last Friday. 206.8. I just feel so depressed about it.. This was the week when I was finally going to get below 200 not gain nearly 5 pounds! Tomorrow is my official weigh in day so we'll see what happens. I'm not expecting much at this point. 

I think I need to take a new approach the next time I get down to 202. This has happened to me 2 or 3 times now. I get SO CLOSE to 199 pounds and then I gain like crazy. I was 203 last fall, then got down to 202 last week. Both times I've done this to myself. Its like something in my brain triggers that I must eat even though I know I shouldn't be doing it. I'm going to weigh in tomorrow then not weigh again for a week. My husband will have to hide the scale but I feel like its the only way to beat this. I so wanted to see those numbers 203, 202. 201, 200, THEN 199. Its just not going to work for me that way I guess. 

Plan for the week: Drink water like crazy to flush out what ever water weight is left from the salt and PMS. Then I'm at the gym Fri, Sat, Sunday, Monday. I was to go to this Chocolate festival this weekend but I'm honestly going to tell my husband we can't go. We'll go and do something else but its crazy to put myself through something like that during a week when I'm really trying to beat this thing. Other than that there's nothing else to do other than keep going and keep trying. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-30-2013 - 2:29pm
You will be OK...this is never a straight down journey...and you are right, something in your head might be afraid of the number below 200. Can you find a quiet time and a place that feels safe and let yourself feel the fear that losing the weight might be bringing up in you? Here are a few questions, topics to get you started...when I weigh less than 200, I am afraid that....I am afraid of success because....I do not deserve to be thin because...if I am thin, people wlill think ....if I am thin, so and so will expect that...you can think of your own questions. Maybe writing down the wildest craziest answers might help you see something...or maybe it will trigger you to say..these questions have no answers because...you know I believe in you and I know you are changing your life....and for me, PMS without chips and chocolate were never possible...thank god for menopause....forgive yourself and move on...
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 12:50pm
Well I kind of saw it coming. My weight did go up this week at my weigh in. I'm at 206.8 1/31. Last week I was at 203. Nearly a 4 pound gain. Oh well. I was very down about it yesterday but I'm in a much better mood today. Thank goodness. I don't like feeling that way. I'm eating very well today and I already went to the gym for about 1hr and 40 mins of working out. It HURT but I'm glad I did it. Its the start of my work week today. Busy day!
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 6:35pm

TMZ - I don't know if it's something psychological about breaking 200 - but I hit 202 and stalled there for what seemed like forever and I finally just quit trying so much.  Then I started putting it back on, one sneaky pound at a time.

Don't quit trying!  I find my weight going up and down a pound or two as well.  I know I am eating on plan and if I step on the scale tomorrow and weigh 2 pounds more than I did today, it's not because I ate 7000 calories worth of food that I didn't burn off.  It's just normal to fluctuate.

You said you were going to be the first CL to actually make it to your goal weight and I believe you will!

Hang in there!

Liz

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 11:31am
Liz, I'm not even sure where to begin. I'm in tears. You really made my day today! Thank you for reminding me of why I do this... why i keep trying. I knew last week I was eating too much and it was all salty foods that made it even worse. I felt so helpless to stop it. You are so right this time when I got to 202 mentally I didn't know what to do with that number. I hit it once before last fall and it totally thew me for a loop. Last week I felt really happy but the fear for some reason popped in my mind. I'm still working through it. Some days I don't know where to really start with those 'feelings.' For today I'm just going to push on and stop getting on the scale for a week. Maybe if I just get below 202 without knowing it then I'll be able to push on. Maybe I just need to learn to let go... of what ever this fear is. Thanks Liz you really are such a rock of support to me. And I know I couldn't have come this far without your support!
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-01-2013 - 11:34am
Friday- Well its starting off to be really great day. I'm eating well so far today. Dinner went pretty goo last night as well. I made it tot he gym for about a hour of cardio. I'll go back tomorrow morning before work and on Sunday after church. If some of this weight is WW then I feel like I could still get below 200lbs by my goal of mid Feb. I'm just going to try and see what happens. If it takes until end of the month, that's ok. Who knows? Maybe I'll be strong enough to do it this time. :) Have a great and healthy weekend everyone!