Falling Below 200 by 2/16!

iVillage Member
Falling Below 200 by 2/16!
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 1:46pm

I'm back and I'm ready to keep pushing below 200! I'm STILL not there and I'm not letting go of this goal! I was OOT for two week in December. I did work out at a gym while I was in TX but my eathing really off set anything I was donig at the gym. I also didn't have any weight los during the month of November. For October I only lost 1 pound. Now that it's Janurary I feel like my body is ready to drop the weight I gained during the holidays (9pounds) and finally get below 200! My loseit ap says I can do this by 2/16 if I stick to plan. For me it's all about planning. As a note to myself there are some dates I need to keep in mind for eating right. 

1. Going OOT next month for 2 night for hubby's work trip. Need to think about foods/eating during the trip. I will book a hotel with indoor pool/hottub and fitness center 

2. I'm making a King Cake maybe even a couple. Must control mysel to one peice and let everyone else have the rest! I better make a good one! haha! 

3. Going to a Chocolate Festival in Feburary. I know, it's crazy but I want to go one mroe time before we move from this state. 

4. I'm going to a wine club starting this week each month. I don't care for wine but the snack foods need to stay at bay while I'm hanging out with friends. Maybe I'll eat before I go to wine night? 

sorry if i have misspelling. This site no longer has spell checker and I'm not a good speller. 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-02-2013 - 8:54pm
Two issues. 1. I am extremely sad for the past two days. I can't seem to shake it. My WL journey is totally playing with my head. I cried off and on all day yesterday. I talked with my DH about it and he brought up some good points about my real happiness. He reminded me how bad things really were before and how unhappy I was at 290 lbs. Compared to that I am better now and I MUST remember that. I think a lot of my memories from that time have faded and the bad is hard to remember. It doesn't help that I was walking around is a fog, one day drifting into another. I think what messes with my head is this thought: 80 pounds ago I thought I would be Very Happy to be 80 pounds smaller. You know the thinking "if only I was smaller I would be happy." Well I don't really feel happy at all. DH says I was not happy at all and in bad shape back then. I just forget, you know? The bad thing is I start telling myself "will I be happy at 150, if I'm not happy now after losing 80 pounds?" Its a dark and scary place in my mind but I can't seem to jump out of that space. Today on the row machine I started crying... at the gym! I finished 5 more minutes and left. 2. I weighed today. Its a habit I need to break. I lost a pound so that made me happy for a second, but then my mood dropped again. I wish I could take my family to the beach for 3 days for some sun and warmth. Some day....
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-04-2013 - 5:20pm
You are doing ALL the hard work in your head to make this change permanent...yes, the illusion that the only reason we are not happy is our weight is a normal thought. And we are who we are inside, no matter our weight. It's why I always tell people to remember that they are good people no matter what they weigh...if you are a kind person, you are a kind person. Yes, some of your unhappiness was your weight....and some of your weight was because you weren't happy...life is hard...it is joyous and wonderful, sure, but it is also challenging.. No one is happy all the time...and women have hormones messing with their emotions all the time too...so you have to figure out if you aren't jhappty right now, is it situational, like the baby is sick and your tired and some random person was mean to. You for no reason...or reasonable, like something bad happened in the world or your life, or changeable, like you want something you don't have..or have something you don't want...or is it just the stupid hormones? It's ok to be sad...you are changing who you are and you don't know who you are going to be yet. You have big expectations of yourself. Change is hard..even good change is hard. You know the blessings you have in your life. You know the challenges. You know how strong you are. You know you are awesome and have done amazing things. Somewhere inside, you know what you are afraid of, and you know why you are sad...you will get passed this..it's just part of the journey. Be good to yourself. SJ
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-05-2013 - 12:44am

Wow that is much to take in SJ. Thank you for confirming me and my place in the world right now. I do put big expectations on myself! I've also learned in this that I've been a stobern person and continue tobe that waya lot of the time. It sort of kept me from starting the WL journey sooner, and its that stubbornness that keeps fighting to be 150 pounds one day (this year). Now that I think about it, that drive wears me out sometimes. Emotionally. 

The last blip I think was hormons and I kind of had a sad talk with my mom about my cousin that is very sick. I guess thinking about my cousin right before my workout got to me more than I realized. :( the good news is that I'm feeling so much better. I took off wrk Sunday, worked out, shopped, and hung out with my family. I made a couple King cakes for friends and felt rested today. 

I didn't get anything when I went shopping, but I did try on clothes to get an idea of where I'm at. At kohls I'm a 14W in lee jeans. I could find another brand in the plus area that looked nice enough to try on. In the Misses dept I could get

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-05-2013 - 12:49am

In Missesi could get on a Chaps jeans 16 but it was way too tight and didn't cover me enough. To me it was crazy getting into the pants and zipping them up! I really need a new pair of jeans because I only ha e one pair but ill wait until i lose the next 6 pounds. Just a little push to help me get there. Besides I don't want to go on vacation in march/April with pants that don't look right! 

Thanks everyone for supporting me. I think of you both many times during the day and I know you are pulling for me. I'm grateful to both of you for so much. 

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-05-2013 - 9:35am
I listened to a podcast this morning about failures. I love The Jilian Michaels Show podcast. You've got to check it out sometime! She was doing the list of all the people that had big failures in life but then turned out to be a big success. For example, Did you know Michael Jordan was kicked off of his high school basketball team but then went on to be the best player, pretty much ever??? Jilian said something that really got me. Failure is a entry point for success. We must have failures along to way to learn how to be successful! Part of being successful is trying over and over and over again while learning from what didn't work. Of course we can't keep making the same mistake every time. We must learn from it and grow as a person. Rather than beating myself up for gaining those 4 pounds last week I decide to learn from it. I think I've sort of been trying to do that but on a conscious level I'm owning it. THINGS I'VE LEARNED: 1. I was scarred of being below 200 2. I got very excited at hitting a all time low number (202) and celebrated with food. 3. PMS caused salty cravings and I caved in. 4. Must remove all salty junk foods from the house when I know PMS is coming. Here's my fav: My best is good enough today. When I give it my all and I lose half a pound the next day or when I lose 2 pounds a week THAT IS DOING MY BEST. No more beating myself up for not getting an A++. Getting a A+ is good enough. Getting a freaking passing grade is going to be good enough some weeks!! What does that mean? To me that means when I'm having those hormonal weeks I need to remember that I won't lose weight, but don't throw in the towel and gain either. I really wanted to post this in the main forum but its not letting me start a new thread right now.
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-05-2013 - 3:50pm
YES! We are good enough when we try our best....some days our best isn't great, but some days it's all we have. Every day we get to start again and make it the best day it can be. If your cycles are regular, can you predict the tough days and schedule something you really like to do on those days? massage, nails, new book, walk with family...something non food? Or the other thing is to plan for the craving and have a small amount of something you love that is maybe not hugely unhealthy? I sometimes find it is better to give in to a craving than o eat around it...eating so much stuff to avoid eating what I really want,and then eating that too.... I can never respond to the first post in a thread...if you get a chance, would you respond to Liz's journal and then I think I will be able to also. Thanks
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-07-2013 - 1:04pm
Will do!
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-07-2013 - 4:08pm
Last week weight in 1/31 206 today 2/7 203 Very happy with that number. I couldn't ask for more, not even an extra oz.!
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-07-2013 - 4:13pm
Stay strong! Be happy! Awesome lady that you are!
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-13-2013 - 2:16pm
Thanks SJ! How's work and life across the pond??