Falling Below 200 by 2/16!

iVillage Member
Falling Below 200 by 2/16!
Mon, 01-07-2013 - 1:46pm

I'm back and I'm ready to keep pushing below 200! I'm STILL not there and I'm not letting go of this goal! I was OOT for two week in December. I did work out at a gym while I was in TX but my eathing really off set anything I was donig at the gym. I also didn't have any weight los during the month of November. For October I only lost 1 pound. Now that it's Janurary I feel like my body is ready to drop the weight I gained during the holidays (9pounds) and finally get below 200! My loseit ap says I can do this by 2/16 if I stick to plan. For me it's all about planning. As a note to myself there are some dates I need to keep in mind for eating right. 

1. Going OOT next month for 2 night for hubby's work trip. Need to think about foods/eating during the trip. I will book a hotel with indoor pool/hottub and fitness center 

2. I'm making a King Cake maybe even a couple. Must control mysel to one peice and let everyone else have the rest! I better make a good one! haha! 

3. Going to a Chocolate Festival in Feburary. I know, it's crazy but I want to go one mroe time before we move from this state. 

4. I'm going to a wine club starting this week each month. I don't care for wine but the snack foods need to stay at bay while I'm hanging out with friends. Maybe I'll eat before I go to wine night? 

sorry if i have misspelling. This site no longer has spell checker and I'm not a good speller. 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-13-2013 - 2:20pm
I noticed today that my goal on here was to be below 200 in only 3 days from now. Well the scale said 203.4 this morning so what do you think? Do I have a chance? haha! You never know, right? I do hit that goal then I have another one in place: 189 by April 1st. If I don't reach my current goal I'm shooting for 199 by 2/28 that is the day I go for a checkup at the doctor. I'm in a good place right now as far as my mental state. I didn't let the little gain I had last weekend get to me and stress me out. I focused on what I needed to do, not on what I didn't do last week. A little mini challenge as well is helping. I want to do some sort of workout for 7 days in a row. I'm day 3 and plan to do a spin class tonight. My first time ever!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-13-2013 - 3:15pm
I think it doesn't matter so much what you weigh on Feb 16 as that you look back at all the workouts, all the healthy eating, all the great things you have accomplished and take some time to be really proud of yourself..
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-14-2013 - 2:10pm

Weigh In day!

Last week 2/7 I was 203lbs

Today 2/14 I'm 202

I'LL TAKE IT! LOL! I can't believe I was able to pull that off considering I had 4 days of poor eating. One day I had pizza for two meals in one day!! This week is different. I tried Spin class last night. My butt was sore last night and still really sore today. I'll try it again but I'm not sure how many times I'll go becuase of the pain. It effected my workout today and I'm havnig to take OTC pain meds to control it. Spin class was a great workout! I haven't worked that hard in a while! The instructor was great! I want to do it again, I just need to figure out if I can keep going. I'm only 3 pounds away from my goal and I'm feeling really incuraged about it today! :) 

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-14-2013 - 5:19pm
I think there are special shorts for spin class with butt padding...I have never tried it, but it blasts tons of calories...and saying Happy Valentines Day here because I can never be the first to reply to a post...who knows why? Not me...
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-16-2013 - 5:35pm

199 today or not, it's still an incredible achievement, and you stuck to it.  You should be very proud of yourself!!

Liz

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-19-2013 - 10:48am
Thank you! It does feel good to have come this far!! :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-19-2013 - 10:53am
I have to say I was really bummed that my weight went back up to 205 in the last couple days. Not the direction I wanted. I had a couple good days and I'm back down to 202. I'm happy about that, but I'm trying not to think about it too much. Just want to keep pushing on past 200. Its the goal that I've had in mind for well over a year but I know its going to happen for me this month. I have a dr appointment upcoming and I'm excited to see the number on the office scale. Although I'm a bit sick today, I will eat with in my budget. Another thing I have to think about is extra work hours this week that I don't normally do. Today I'm off, but I Wen I'm back at it. Then a double shift on Thursday. We shall see! :)
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-28-2013 - 10:00pm
Another weigh in Thursday! Down to 201lbs. Another pound lost. I'm creeping down. :) If I lose 1 lbs a week for the rest of the year I will be under 150 by xmas! I've been in a really odd mood for a few days. Its like I don't know what to think about all this anymore. I know I should be happy about being smaller, but I'm not. All I see is those 50 pounds I need to drop. I see all the hanging skin. I look at my body closer now than ever before and I feel bigger now than I did at 290 pounds. I know that sounds wrong, and those thoughts upset me for a long time. I think I have a understanding why I feel this way. Back when I was heavier I didn't ever look at myself. I was totally disconnected from my body. I was in denial about all of it. I was a happy person because I could eat whatever and had my coping and confort foods. Now I don't. Now I kill myself at the gym, only to be sore and worn out all of the time. I sleep when my little girl naps because I physically can't make it through the day without a nap. I'm hungry sometimes and pissy about not being able to eat what I want. In a nutshell I'm less happy now than I was 89 pounds ago. Sigh. The other problem I have is that I don't want to celebrate the 89 pounds lost because I have 51 pounds to go. I'm only 2/3 of the way there. If I start patting myself on the back now, maybe I would give up and stop trying? Lastly, I can't think of myself as a healthy person or athletic. My doctor today gave my the highest of praise and I just hung my head down. My mind can't accept that I deserve that praise. I must learn to think of myself a little differently. I'm not always going to be the biggest one, or even big. I'm going to be one of the fast and thin ones. I'm going to be stronger and healthier than most of my pears. I can't tell you how Difficult it is for me to type this or even think it. My identity is rooted in being big, unhealthy, slow, and ignored. At 35 all that is changing and I feel like I don't know up from down anymore. This is a process and I know I'll get through it, but I wasn't expecting all these emotions from my doctor's appointment today.
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-28-2013 - 10:25pm
If any new folks on the site My grand total weight loss as of today is 89 pounds. My next goal is to lose 2 more pounds then I want to lose 100 pounds total. From there I'll still have more weight to lose, but I will be very excited to say I've lost 100 pounds!!
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-02-2013 - 5:57pm
Change is hard..even good change...you are not who you were...and you are not yet who you will be...but you ARE who you ARE. I think you should celebrate when you lose the next pound....go and buy yourself some flowers, or even 1 perfect rose...and really focus on how hard you have worked for this. You were not all that happy when you were heavier..you were self medicating with sugar and fat to not feel negative feelings...go back to your really honest posts from a while ago when you were looking at why you were struggling...you gave yourself some great insights....In my annoying way of treating your journal like it were my journal :)...I am home from Poland...I didn't weigh for three months, and i was dreading doing it this morning. I knew my clothes still fit, but I knew I ate a lot of good food....I gained ONE pound...I am so excited, and ready to get back to eating on plan and working out hard...I worked out in Poland, but not as long or hard as I usually do. And this goes along with your not accepting praise comment....without going into the details, I had something odd happen at work where someone asked me to do something, expressed satisfaction, in fact delight, with how it was going, then decided to stop the process for no real reason...later, I was given written praise for the project going well. I feel no pride in it. And I've had two positive acknowledgements for my work in Poland, but I think I could have done some things I didn't do...socialized more, for one thing...and because of that, I don't feel any pleasure in the praise. I think there is a parallel with what you are saying...because you haven't met your goal, you don't feel good about what you've accomplished. But EIGHTY NINE pounds is awesome. Liz used to tell people to go get five pounds of flour and see how that feels...if you went to the super market and got the carry around baket, you would need to put 18 bags of flour into the basket...if they would fit...lift it...feel the weight....I could lift it, because I lift weights...you probably can too. Most people couldn't. How much does your little one weigh? Divide 89 by that and think about carrying around that many of her...you are doing this journey the right way..working the mind and the body...You are doing great...and reflecting in your journal on my life, I am too!

Pages