On to February

iVillage Member
On to February
Thu, 01-31-2013 - 6:46pm

Well, I've been on Atkins (and have been 100% faithful in my eating) since January 1st and I am down officially 18 pounds.  I actually weighed in at 216 yesterday, but 217 today.

I must admit I am getting really tired of the foods that I can eat, so I need to poke around and try to find some new ways to fix chicken and turkey and tuna.  Ways that don't involve rice, noodles or potatoes or ... any of the other foods I want to eat.  LOL.  It's amazing how many carbs are in some pretty innocent looking ingredients.  Onions are high in carbs, and most sauces, like cocktail sauce for cold shrimp - about 25 grams of carbs per 2 tablespoon serving.  It sometimes is hard to be creative.

But I have to give myself a High 5.  I made it an entire month without eating a piece (or 2 or 3) of toast with peanut butter.  I even made it through 2 birthdays at the office where they served some marvelous looking creations that I declined while munching on an Atkins bar.

I would love to be at 202 by the end of the month of February.  That was the weight I hit last time before I "crashed and burned".  I intend to hit it head on this time.  I've had a couple of plateaus this month and I know that they will pass if I just stick with it.

Liz

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-07-2013 - 1:06pm
I'm doing a really quick replay so that SJ can post in here. Sorry this site is still so jacked up. I don't really have any answers as to when things might be more normal. :)
Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-07-2013 - 4:11pm
Liz...you are doing great! So much discipline. You and tmz are on similar tracks. Ihaven't weighed since the Monday after Thanksgiving (no scale here in Polsnd, and if there were it would use some metric system number). My pants still button, so that's something. March 2 is my day of reckoning...and then I will post some numbers! Tmz - thanks for getting this started for me.
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-16-2013 - 5:29pm

Hi SJ - That would drive me crazy to not have a scale.  I know you have often said "the scale is not your friend" and I used to just weigh myself once a week or so, but this time around I am weighing myself every day - and for a very specific reason.  I find that I am dropping 4 or 5 pounds in a few days, and then I plateau for several days.  Then, suddenly 4 or 5 more pounds.  So, I am trying to find some rhyme or reason or rythm to the losses and plateaus.  I literally eat completely on plan every day - I haven't cheated at all.  20 grams of carbs or less.  Period.  I write my weight down every morning on a little calendar I keep next to my alarm clock.

We're half way through February and the weight loss has been slower than I had hoped.  I was 217 at the end of January and I'm only down 5 pounds since then, but that's 23 pounds in about 7 weeks, and I have been on a plateau for about 5 days now, so, in theory, I'm about due for another drop.  And at any rate, 3 pounds a week isn't a bad pace.

I really, REALLY want to wake up on my birthday (March 13) and weigh myself and have the number on the scale start with a 1 instead of a 2 for the first time in at least 7 years, so I have 26 days to lose 13 pounds.  At 4 pounds a week, I have a shot at it.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"