15 Reasons to Start Eating Breakfast Today

iVillage Member
15 Reasons to Start Eating Breakfast Today
Tue, 01-24-2012 - 8:07pm

It sounds counterintuitive, but people who eat breakfast tend to weigh less than those who don’t. Many breakfast abstainers get so hungry by midmorning that they grab high-calorie quick fixes rather than the lower-calorie whole-grain cereal and low-fat milk or whole-wheat toast, fruit and yogurt that they might have eaten for breakfast, explains Debbi Beauvais, R.D., S.N.S., a spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Another bonus: Whole-grain eaters have lower body weights and smaller waist measurements.

Read More http://www.ivillage.com/15-reasons-start-eating-breakfast/4-b-421650#ixzz1kQaD5Xmd

Photobucket

iVillage Member
I used to believe that I never ate breakfast. I felt that I would get sick if I ate in the morning, and I really believed I didn't eat before lunch. Food journaling made me face the scone or muffin or bagel I ate most mornings. I switched to a granola bar and then to a protein bar mid morning. But then when my weight loss stalled a few years ago the trainer I work with told me I needed to eat breakfast before I went to work. I told him I couldn't, I would get sick. This happened a few times over several months and finally he told me 'I don't care if you throw it up, eat breakfast'. I started having oatmeal and protein every morning. I never got sick on it, and the weight loss un - stalled It works... SJ
iVillage Member
This is such a good reminder for all of us! I really do struggle to make myself eat a good meal at the start of my day.
Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!