Anyone ever tried Positive Changes Hypnosis?

iVillage Member
Anyone ever tried Positive Changes Hypnosis?
Wed, 03-30-2011 - 1:28am

they have billboards up all over town. I called them yesterday, went in today to see if I "qualify" for a "personalized plan" I really need to change the thought process, and I know hypnosis works because I did it some 20 years ago with limited success. But that was a 1 time shot. So I was thinking this might be the way to turn around some of the junk rattling around in my brain. It's a ton of money, and a 9 month commitment. Now, 12 hours later, I'm not so sure. Maybe I'm having buyers remorse? Maybe it's all the negative stuff posted on the internet, and it's hard to tell if the positive stuff is real, or the negative stuff is real. I didn't see ANY other clients while I was there in the center today, I don't know what to think.

iVillage Member
Are you thinking about a refund? I'm a little confussed. It's not in this area. Can you tell me what you will be doing for the 9 months?
Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
it's a "program" and they are supposed to give a 1 hour hypnotism session once a week and something else that is 30 minutes of "coaching" They tell you it's all personalized, but everything else that I've read makes it sound like it's just your name inserted in a script and read by someone who may or may not have any hypnotism training of any kind. It's supposed to like reset your thinking or something like that.

I just have SO much weight to lose (150 pounds) and anything I can get on my side, I'm all for. Now, I'm so nervous about it, I just read so many, many, many negative reports about them, and very few positive things.
iVillage Member

If you think it would make you feel better, and if you think it won't be a burden (or chore) in your life then I say Go For It! I believe in positive thinking, prayer, and meditation. Something I did last time I lost a bunch of weight was just lay down and imagin a thinner me. I thought abouth how my life would be better and how my health would improve. I really let my mind wonder and life in that space. I know it may sound a little silly, but it made me feel better and helped me stay positive.... rather than always thinking about "how much I've got to lose." KWIM?

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
Administrator

I have never heard of it but you might to drop by and ask our expert, Dr. Madelyn Fernstrom, to see if she has any opinions.

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
If you are not sure and can get your money back, then maybe you can do that and think about it some more.

There are other ways to spend money to get healthy - I work with a trainer - it is not cheap, but part of the reason I did it was because when I first worked out with him, he was so encouraging(still is) - saying things like 'good job' and 'you worked hard tonight' I don't come from a family that gave a lot of praise and i've seldom worked for someone who was big on the compliments, and when I realized how great it felt to have my efforts recognized, i decided that, plus his expertise, was worth the money. I've maintained a 60 pound loss for several years but still have more to go.

You can also spend money on a nutritionist or on meal delivery or on a program like Jenny Craig where you pick up your meals.

The funny thing about this journey is that it's easy - eat less but eat really healthy food, and move more. And it is SOOOO HARD to do that. Hypnosis and encouragement from someone who you feel really cares about your well being could help you do that. Having help confronting the issues of why we overeat can be very helpful (it isn't because we are hungry...at least I don't think so).

If you can't get your money back, then dedicate yourself to making it successful - beleive that it will work. Let yourselves absorb the messages that are psoitive, and look at how you can make other changes in how you eat and how you spend your time to reinforce it.

I think everything works for somebody, and nothing works for everyone, so try this and make the best of your investment!

Best wishes
SJ

and post here...we're positive and we're free!
iVillage Member

I've never tried hypnosis so I don't have any personal experience to share.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
thank you everyone. I did cancel and back out. They are supposed to be refunding all the money back to my credit card ( you know how that goes, you buy something, the charge in on there in a day or 2, you return something, the refund takes weeks to show up!) It was $2400, so a LOT of money. Money that can be spent in other ways to prod a healthier life.

Seems so simple, eat healthy food, do more activities.... as if it was really that easy. I seriously gained 4 pounds in a 24 hour period, and didn't eat any different than normal. I believe it's because I missed a BP pill that is a diuretic, so that "gain" will be pee'd out in a day or 2. But still, WOW!

Thanks for all the encouragement. I did something good for myself today. I bought the Zumba for my Wii. I've played on that a lot in the week, running the obstacle course mostly, but a few other things that get me up and moving. I have a friend that loves her Zumba, so I figured why not, I can try it. If I hate it, I'll take it back (unless my dd loves it, then she can do it!)
iVillage Member
Good for you! The best thing about charging things is that you can dispute the charges if it doesn't get taken off.

I take a Zumba class at my gym occasionally. Two years ago, I belonged to a different gym for the summer, and they had the BEST zumba instructors - both were very clear at instruction and one was a former dancer, the other a Latin man with rhythm and a sexy voice.. They made the classes great. My 'home' gym has classes but the instructors are not as good - but there are usually one or two songs where I get the moves and we are all in synch and it is really fun. And no matter how behind I am, I sweat like crazy so it is a great workout.

Best wishes
SJ
iVillage Member

I'm glad that worked out for you and that you found some less expensive inspiration.

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"