April's daily chat spot!

iVillage Member
April's daily chat spot!
Tue, 04-03-2012 - 10:36am

What's going on with you today or this week? Post all the little daily stuff you don't need to start a whole new thread for. :) Happy spring everyone! It's a very sunny morning in my neck of the woods.

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-03-2012 - 10:08pm
Sunny here in Boston but the promised 57 degrees never happened. I did errands at lunch, which I was happy about, but it wasn't the pleasant walk I planned. I had a great run after lifting tonight, but I am still eating crappy. I watched The Biggest Loser tonight. I would like to p so,ewhere for 12 weeks where there was eating support and I could work out like crazy...then I think I should be able to create that for myself, so why don't I.? SJ
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-04-2012 - 2:20pm
Have you ever really thought about going there? I'm not sure if everyone knows but there is a health resort at the Biggest Loser campus that anyone can book. Its crazy expensive but I would LOVE to do that for about a month. Have you ever seen the show Heavy on A&E? They have folks go to these places for overweight people. One of them is in Hilton Head, SC. It's so temping!!

Great sunny 75 degree weather outside my door. My little one is suffering with allergies and I think we stay inside for a while today. Just a chil day for us!

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-05-2012 - 12:04am
I have thought about going to the BiggestvLoser Ranch but then I think I should be able to do better than I do at home. But it is an actual option for me... Tonight I went to Pilates. I like the instructor but she runs late and the class is only 45 minutes, so it just isn't enough. Sometimes i stay and do something more afterwards but tonight I went to the Celtics so I had to leave right after. I feel like I no longer know how much exerciseis enough, too much, and not enough. I need more hours in the day! SJ
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-05-2012 - 11:05pm
I have been MIA for a long time, but for good reason. I had some time off that I had to use or lose so I called my great uncle asking if he neede any help with his projects (hoping he needed help with his hotel on Maui) and got recruited to help set up an orphanage in Chad. It was one of the hardest, saddest, and most rewarding experiences I have ever had. Not to mention the scariest. My husband and I wanted to bring every one of the kids home with us... So hard to leave then behind, and it makes you really appreciate all of the little things. You don't realize how good we have it until there isn't even a grocery store, and can't go to the market for fear of violence and kidnapping. Now we just need to find out when we can go back
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-08-2012 - 10:59am
Lanaibum -sounds like an amazing experience! Tmz - looking forward to hearing about your little one's Easter I am at. My mother's house this weekend. This is the second Easter without her, but she lives on with us. We dyed eggs yesterday, and my oldest nephew talked about her and his memories, which was so sweet. There is a big gap in the boys' age, so he definitely got the best of her... Longer time plus she was younger and could do more with him. I know how pleased she would be by how it affected him. I bought curtains for the house (why the house needed curtains is a long and not pleasant story) and I feel so happy to have this accomplished. There is one room left, and my nephew expressed the need for curtains there to his mother, so I am sure that will get finished. I have to eith locate or buy a few spring rods and my part will be done. We are having dinner later. Happy Easter everyone SJ
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-20-2012 - 11:06am

Busy Friday for me today. I have a phone interview in about 30 minutes. I'm still waiting for DH's job search to get some good news TODAY! :) I have work tonight and should get to see a friend while at work tonight that is stopping by.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 4:02pm
My husband didn't get the last job he had applied for. Really upset I can't move back to my home state for at least 2 more years. He has another interview scheduled and might get one more. Crying a bit today. Very sad I can't be "home" next year.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-23-2012 - 9:01pm
Tmz - I am sorry this did not go the way you hoped. (((hugs)))) SJ
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 12:02am
Thank you! I'm feeling so much better today. I cried a lot yesterday. My brother was trying to be helpful but he was kinda mean to me the day and morning right before we found out he didn't get it. I also got a lot of txts from people saying things like "it's for the best." I honestly don't want to hear that crap. :( I know what is best and what I wanted for us. Oh well. I'll get there eventually, it's just going to take more work and time. His next interview is next month. Trying to set up one other interview in the area the same week. Seems like these places really want him, but who freaking knows at this point. We looked at rental homes and things are very affordable there. Other "pluses" is his pay will go up a little, I can transfer one (maybe two) of my jobs to both cities, and I can start grad school as I was hoping to next summer. Down side is I have to sell our home. I love this home. I'm going to miss it so much. It's the perfect starter home. Ok, gotta stop now before I start crying again.

FYI I am working a very long work week (for me) starting tomorrow. My first day off work is the first day of our vacation to DC. We'll be there for 5+ days. I'll be on here as much as I can. DH leaves for his interviews 2 days after we get back. I'm going to join the gym when he goes out of town and start back up. All this stress is kicking my butt!! Thank you everyone for the support!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 8:34pm
Tmz - you can sell your 'starter home' - because you are more in the middle of your journey....I resisted the urge to say 'it's all for the best' but I think you will have an awesome adventure where ever you end...because you will make it awesome! Have fun in DC -one of my favorite places... SJ

Pages