Are you a night owl?

Administrator
Are you a night owl?
Mon, 07-01-2013 - 9:04am

Are you a night owl? That could be why you have packed on the pounds according to Health Day News. "Night owls are more likely to gain weight than people who get good sleep because they tend to graze the kitchen for junk food in the wee hours of the morning, a new study suggests.

Researchers at the University of Pennsylvania found that people who were kept up until 4 a.m. in a sleep lab ate more than 550 additional calories during the late-night hours." read more

Your thoughts?

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-07-2013 - 8:51pm

I am not a night owl by this description, but I do snack quite a bit in the evenings after supper.  I have read several articles lately about the negative effects this can have, both in weight gain and exacerbating health issues.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/ladybug987/Signatures/springbutterflybarb.jpg>

CL-ladybug987

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-08-2013 - 8:49am

YES! I believe late nights are where I picked up the extra person I carry around with me. I have recently tried going to bed earlier to see if it helps so that not only am I not snacking, but I am getting more sleep. So far I am not doing so great with it but I am still trying to get in the habit.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-10-2013 - 2:20pm
Interesting! I am a night owl for sure. I hate going to sleep at night... but hate rolling out of bed in the morning! I don't know why but I have the hardest time turning off my brain at night!