August Chat Thread

iVillage Member
August Chat Thread
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 10:04am

Welcome to August ladies! We have FIVE MONTHS left of 2012. We are on the down hill slide now. What will you work on this month? New goals, continuing efforts, end of summer plans, or are you counting down to cooler fall weather already?

As for me I'm looking forward to a beach day maybe two trips out to the beach. I have 7 pounds to drop this month to get to my next goal. I also have 4+ workouts per week each week on my goal sheet. :smileyhappy: No matter if you are starting today just try something and you will start to see results. Hugs!!! 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 8:47pm
How's your weekend going? How are you staying healthy?

Can you believe I went to the gym this morning!? I couldn't believe I was there working out on a Sat. It's the second time I've done that in the past month. I need to do it every weekend. I'm more committed than I've been in a long long time.
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 2:34pm
Hello everyone! How did the weekend go? Did you stay on track? Anyone want to post a weekly weight loss or goal for this week? I'll go head and post mine. I weigh in on Mondays officially but I check my weight daily. Officially I'm down 2 pounds from the previous Monday. That is on track for my goals and I'm excited to reach my 1st WLG. Only 3 more pounds to go. :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 5:34pm
Tanya, I am sorry for your loss. Welcome back to this journey...it's always a good sign when you are ready o take care of you! Best wishes SJ
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 11:55am
Tanya I am so very sorry for your loss. I have wondered how you were dong the past few weeks. Please know you'll be in my prayers.

I have to say I'm so impressed with all of your activity. That is amazing you are working so hard rather than giving up. you are such a strong person for all that you do. Thank you for keeping us posted. It sounds like you are doing everything you can to stay healthy these days. Hugs!!!!
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 11:58am
I wanted to post yesterday but the new trainer worked me so hard I can hardly move my arms! haha! I got a one hour lesson on weight lifting and core work. Just enough to get me started for a couple months. Then I'll call her and schedule another appointment. I got up today and I'm hurting all over. Even my armpits hurt. I saw the trainer at the gym today and gave her a 3 minute ear full. haha!
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 3:40pm
Good luck this weekend! Those are some challenging situations you'll be in through Monday. Does the hotel have a gym or a pool? Do you think there might be some walking areas around the hotel? I would try and take some healthy snacks with you so you are not temped at the BBQ. The only thing I've found with those situations is to stay away from the food table or the room where all the food is placed. I'm going on the trip this fall and will be out of town for 2 weeks. My goal is to just stay the same weight and not gain.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 7:59pm
The Patriot's are my team too! At the barbecue, focus on fruits and veggies...ignore chips and cookies. Keep promising yourself that 'tomorrow' you will have a treat...if you are drinking, have two glasses of water for every alcoholic drink. Play games with the kids. Tmz is right, the hotel might have a gym or pool...carve out time for yourself....focus on good choices as long as you can as much ad you can...but have fun...SJ. And 'GO PATS!!!'
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 9:56am
HI MISTY!! Missed you!! :smileyhappy:

I can't remember my goals sheet! OMG. I'm so sorry. Can you jog my memory on what I was talking about? I have a website I use to track my calories and exercises that is free called www.loseit.com. I log everything on there and tell it what weight I want to be. It gives me a date on when I'll be able to reach that goal. I have about 65 pounds I need to lose. If I look at the big number I get discouraged. I've decided to set smaller goals on my way to losing 65 pounds. Each little goal means something to me but would look totally random to someone else. 1st goal: 212lbs, the smallest weight I was this past year 2nd goal 199lbs, getting under 200 pounds 3rd goal: 180lbs my weight as a freshman in college AND that is my 100 pounds lost mark... and it goes on and on and on. :smileyhappy: Like I said my website estimates how long it will take me to lose a certain amount of weight over time. On those dates I have planned events to sort of celebrate those achievements and keep a tiny amount of extra pressure on me to keep going. For example, 1st goal on 9/1 I plan to meet up with my good friend that spends the summers out of state and all our friends for a 'welcome back' party. 3rd goal of losing 100 pounds will go with a vacation I'm planning. Hope that is helpful to anyone looking at lager goal and needs to break it down into smaller parts.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 7:58pm
Happy Monday! How are you keeping healthy on the inside and the outside today?
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 10:13pm

The elimination of stress from my life keeps me healthy on the inside.  That's not to say that stressful situations don't come, it's just that I choose to not allow them to stress me out.  I operate in a stress-free zone as much as I can lol.  I don't let others stress me or control me anymore and it's freeing and feels great lol.  Exercising and eating healthy also helps. :smileyhappy:

WORKING ON GOAL # 2

JOGGING MY WAY TO 175 BY