August Chat Thread

iVillage Member
August Chat Thread
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 10:04am

Welcome to August ladies! We have FIVE MONTHS left of 2012. We are on the down hill slide now. What will you work on this month? New goals, continuing efforts, end of summer plans, or are you counting down to cooler fall weather already?

As for me I'm looking forward to a beach day maybe two trips out to the beach. I have 7 pounds to drop this month to get to my next goal. I also have 4+ workouts per week each week on my goal sheet. :smileyhappy: No matter if you are starting today just try something and you will start to see results. Hugs!!! 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 2:56pm

Hi, Im new here.  My name is Emmy Im a sahm and I have lost 50lbs since Nov 2011.  When May came around I decided I needed a break from counting and exercising and that break has stretched out thru the dang summer.  Yesterday I decided it is time to get back on track and start up again and so that Is what I did.

We go on vacation in 2 weeks so Im hoping to have at least 5lbs off and as for my goals in Aug I want to drop 10lbs and exercise at least 3X a week.

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 8:56pm
I am always excited for a new month to start. I plan to really enjoy the rest of summer...hopefully the sun will be out on weekends as I am craving beach and pool time...I need to use my beach sticker twice to make it pay off....also planning to get in Zumba at the Cape gym while I still can. And I am going back to Poland for a week. Last month I barely managed to work out while there, I don't want that to happen again. My goals are to work out six days a week, even if I have to do floor abs and other home exercises. Work hard, play hard...SJ
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 10:17pm
I like that! Wokr hard, play hard!
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 10:18pm
Over slept this morning and missed the gym today. Child care hours are only at certain times and I missed morning hours. I worked this afternoon and wasn't able to go during that time. I'm setting a alarm for tomorrow morning! My weight was the same today and I'm glad about that. I just need to hold on to that number until Monday!
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-04-2012 - 9:37pm
How are you staying healthy this weekend?? :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 11:50am
Hi everyone! My goals for August is to continue to stay consistent with eating, exercising, and water intake. July went pretty well (with the exception of my weekend in Chicago) but I want to make August as perfect as possible. I plan on switching gyms because the one I go to now does not have a child care facility and I need one so that I have no excuses. When school starts back up my youngest will be home with me so I plan to make the switch next month. Definitely more expensive gym but I don't care. This year my main focus is my health so whatever it takes.

WORKING ON GOAL # 2

JOGGING MY WAY TO 175 BY
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 5:21pm
I changed to a more expensive gym last month as well due to child care issues. My last gym didn't have good hours but it was free. My new place has morning and afternoon hours but I have to pay extra for it. I think it's really worth it, just like you said. Good luck, I hope you love the new gym. :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 6:32pm
It will be good for your little one to see yourcommittmen to working out plus maybe there will be little freind's for her at the gym...cheaper than play group and the more often you go, the less it costs per visit:smileyhappy: SJ
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 1:32pm
Oh yeah she loves it in there! it's a much better and better plan room than the the play area at the old gym. :smileyhappy: One thing I was talking about with my DH last night was my worry about our child being teased because of my weight. My mom was always on the heavy side but she wasn't really as big as I got in the past few years. I don't remember kids ever teasing me about it because.... well, my mom was always Home Room mother and PTA president. Anything "fun" that happened at school was because my mom organized it. Everything from school carnivals, cookouts, to dressing up at a witch on Halloween! I think the kids just loved her so much they didn't think about her size. And like I said she was never bigger than a size 12 or 14 when I was little.

However, my best friend growing up had parents that were very obese. In fact her mother died in her early 40's due to obesity. She was teased nonstop about her mother. She was the type of child that was very sensitive and it really hurt her. I think it still hurts her today. Because of that experience I think about it. I know I can't control every single little bratty kid at my child's school but I can control my health and do my best now before she really starts Kindergarten in a few years. Anyone else had this issue as a child or as a parent?
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 3:54pm
TGIF everyone! What's going on this weekend??

I have work of course. I'm also still watching the Olympics every day and LOVING it! I hit up the gym today when I really really didn't feel like it. Glad I did. Then some shopping. Bought my first XL shirt in I don't know how long... 10 years maybe? We are going to the mall tomorrow before work so I can use some Bath and Body works coupons ie early Christmas shopping. :smileyhappy:

It's that time of the month for me and I'm praying I can drop another pound of fluid by Monday's weigh in. Scale is stuck! I know better than to fret. lol! I was 218 last Monday, looking for a 2 pound drop next Monday to stay on track for my 1st goal of 212. Hugs everyone! have a safe, healthy, and most of all FUN weekend.

Pages