August Chat Thread

iVillage Member
August Chat Thread
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 10:04am

Welcome to August ladies! We have FIVE MONTHS left of 2012. We are on the down hill slide now. What will you work on this month? New goals, continuing efforts, end of summer plans, or are you counting down to cooler fall weather already?

As for me I'm looking forward to a beach day maybe two trips out to the beach. I have 7 pounds to drop this month to get to my next goal. I also have 4+ workouts per week each week on my goal sheet. :smileyhappy: No matter if you are starting today just try something and you will start to see results. Hugs!!! 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-20-2012 - 11:15pm
I love this Angie! How do you do it? I'm still working on this in my life. One thing I worry about it my life next year. I will be selling my home and moving out of state to a city and state I've never lived in before. I've visited but never lived there. I'm trying to think of it as a adventure. I'm also trying to remember that quote I read the other day "Grow where you are planted." I do want to thrive here and there. I've lived in some places that I moaned and complained the whole time. I don't want to ever make myself that miserable again.
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-21-2012 - 11:48am
OMG Misty! I'm sorry about your foot! How did you fall if you don't mind me asking?? It's such a disappointment to have something like that happen just when your ready to take it up to the next level. I hope your foot is feeling much better by tomorrow!!
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-25-2012 - 1:23am
How's your mouth feeling today Misty?? Ouch!!

TGIF everyone! We are trying to go out of town for a very quick day trip on Sat. Back to work for me on Sunday. My eating has been perfect all of this week except when I met friends for pizza on Wen. I didn't over eat, but the pizza was fatty. Trying to lose 3 more pounds by my goal date of 9/1. All I can do is keep pushing and trying. Once I get down another 3 pounds it will be the smallest I've been in this year. Before this year it's the smallest I've been since... early 20's. :-) Wish me luck!
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-26-2012 - 12:26am

I've been able to accomplish a less stressful life by eliminating a lot of fears.  The fear of change, the fear of what other people think, the fear of death, etc.  It's like I've become more in touch with the inner me and realize that I've been taking things in life too seriously.  It's all an experience that will one day end so why not live it to the fullest.  I can't live my life to the fullest if I'm too busy living in fear (of whatever).  I'm going to be uprooting myself and my two young children next year to a state I've never lived in either.  Change is beautiful and I try to embrace it as much as I can.  :smileysurprised:)

WORKING ON GOAL # 2

JOGGING MY WAY TO 175 BY
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-26-2012 - 10:57am
Angie, your words were perfect for me this morning. I am about to start an adventure, living and working in Poland, that at other points in my life was not even thinkable for me. When I started this journey, I felt so stuck in my life. I did not drive - I had my license but I was so afraid that I hadn't driven since college. That limited both my personal and professional life. I lived someplace that w too small for me, but I didn't have the courage to take the economic risk to buy someplace larger. I felt stuck in my job...I w doing something I had done for years, doing it well, but not learning much new. And every month I got heavier and heavier, and I didn't care enough to do anything about it. I was afraid of change, but I was so unhappy. A relationship that mattered to me a lot had ended, not so much because of me or him but because we were at different points in our lives and wanted different things, and the kinds of changes he wanted me to make, I did not want. I am lucky that I worked for someone who cared about me, and I was able to tell him that I was unhappy but afraid of change. A few weeks later, I came in to work and found a box of 20 different tea bags on my desk...my boss left them there as the first way for me to change...to have a different kind of tea each day. That was a sign that he believed in me. I took two steps - on the same day. I signed up for driving lessons, and I joined a gym. In some odd way, one thing reinforced the other. The success I found at the gym gave me courage that I could do hard things, and that helped with the driving. In both places, I was lucky that I encountered people who encouraged me - a woman who I drove with one time but gave me so much confidence, and of course the trainer I work with still. The next year, i bought my condo that I am in now...and I took on new challenges at work....I am now in such a good place, and my message to everyone is - change is possible. Happiness is a choice. All of our lives have hard times - my mother died 18 months ago, after a two year illness, and there were many difficult moments. But there were also moments of great joy and good memories. I choose to focus on the good. And all the good is coming because I was able to change. Last week, I was in Poland and went running with people who are half my age and younger. I couldn't keep up but I could participate in a meaningful way....who I am now is, I think, exactly who I want to be...I hope that you find that feeling for yourself.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 9:59am
Tanya-
I just read about your Boston trip. I have to say I'm so impressed with all your activity and good eating on your little trip! That is a inspiration to me!! Although you gained a tiny amount I say you did a perfect job of sticking to your plan. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to do the same thing and failed. Congrats to you Tanya!!

BTW That sandwich sounds sooooo good! :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 10:15am

SJ, 

I hope with your move next year you stick with us. Your posts are like little diamonds in the journey for us. You are such a amazing source of information and encouragement. That was one of the best post I've read all year. Thank you! Your message of change is so important. All of you that are embracing change are such a inspiration to me. Hugs to all! 

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 2:51pm

Did I mention I only have 1 pound  to go to my next Goal Wight??????/ SO HAPPY!! I have lots more weight to lose after that but I break it down into smaller goals. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 8:53pm
I will definitely keep posting from Poland....I think it is awesome that we can stay connected no matter where we are in the world....and thanks for your kind words...SJ
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 5:18pm
Thank you! Guess what?? I was down another 1.2 pounds today and reached my goal early! WOOOHOOOO! It feels so strange to be here, but I'm happy! I'm 211.8 today. Next little goal is to drop down to 209. I want out of the 210's really bad. I've been stuck for a while between 212-218. But really I want to get down to 199. I have no idea where the weight is coming off so fast but it's dropping really quick. No idea why except that I'm working extra hard these days and eating really well. No matter what I can't stop now. :smileyhappy: Thanks for supporting me.