August Chat Thread

iVillage Member
August Chat Thread
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 10:04am

Welcome to August ladies! We have FIVE MONTHS left of 2012. We are on the down hill slide now. What will you work on this month? New goals, continuing efforts, end of summer plans, or are you counting down to cooler fall weather already?

As for me I'm looking forward to a beach day maybe two trips out to the beach. I have 7 pounds to drop this month to get to my next goal. I also have 4+ workouts per week each week on my goal sheet. :smileyhappy: No matter if you are starting today just try something and you will start to see results. Hugs!!! 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 11:58am
I wanted to post yesterday but the new trainer worked me so hard I can hardly move my arms! haha! I got a one hour lesson on weight lifting and core work. Just enough to get me started for a couple months. Then I'll call her and schedule another appointment. I got up today and I'm hurting all over. Even my armpits hurt. I saw the trainer at the gym today and gave her a 3 minute ear full. haha!
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-17-2012 - 11:55am
Tanya I am so very sorry for your loss. I have wondered how you were dong the past few weeks. Please know you'll be in my prayers.

I have to say I'm so impressed with all of your activity. That is amazing you are working so hard rather than giving up. you are such a strong person for all that you do. Thank you for keeping us posted. It sounds like you are doing everything you can to stay healthy these days. Hugs!!!!
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-16-2012 - 5:34pm
Tanya, I am sorry for your loss. Welcome back to this journey...it's always a good sign when you are ready o take care of you! Best wishes SJ
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-14-2012 - 2:34pm
Hello everyone! How did the weekend go? Did you stay on track? Anyone want to post a weekly weight loss or goal for this week? I'll go head and post mine. I weigh in on Mondays officially but I check my weight daily. Officially I'm down 2 pounds from the previous Monday. That is on track for my goals and I'm excited to reach my 1st WLG. Only 3 more pounds to go. :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Sat, 08-11-2012 - 8:47pm
How's your weekend going? How are you staying healthy?

Can you believe I went to the gym this morning!? I couldn't believe I was there working out on a Sat. It's the second time I've done that in the past month. I need to do it every weekend. I'm more committed than I've been in a long long time.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 3:54pm
TGIF everyone! What's going on this weekend??

I have work of course. I'm also still watching the Olympics every day and LOVING it! I hit up the gym today when I really really didn't feel like it. Glad I did. Then some shopping. Bought my first XL shirt in I don't know how long... 10 years maybe? We are going to the mall tomorrow before work so I can use some Bath and Body works coupons ie early Christmas shopping. :smileyhappy:

It's that time of the month for me and I'm praying I can drop another pound of fluid by Monday's weigh in. Scale is stuck! I know better than to fret. lol! I was 218 last Monday, looking for a 2 pound drop next Monday to stay on track for my 1st goal of 212. Hugs everyone! have a safe, healthy, and most of all FUN weekend.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 1:32pm
Oh yeah she loves it in there! it's a much better and better plan room than the the play area at the old gym. :smileyhappy: One thing I was talking about with my DH last night was my worry about our child being teased because of my weight. My mom was always on the heavy side but she wasn't really as big as I got in the past few years. I don't remember kids ever teasing me about it because.... well, my mom was always Home Room mother and PTA president. Anything "fun" that happened at school was because my mom organized it. Everything from school carnivals, cookouts, to dressing up at a witch on Halloween! I think the kids just loved her so much they didn't think about her size. And like I said she was never bigger than a size 12 or 14 when I was little.

However, my best friend growing up had parents that were very obese. In fact her mother died in her early 40's due to obesity. She was teased nonstop about her mother. She was the type of child that was very sensitive and it really hurt her. I think it still hurts her today. Because of that experience I think about it. I know I can't control every single little bratty kid at my child's school but I can control my health and do my best now before she really starts Kindergarten in a few years. Anyone else had this issue as a child or as a parent?
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 6:32pm
It will be good for your little one to see yourcommittmen to working out plus maybe there will be little freind's for her at the gym...cheaper than play group and the more often you go, the less it costs per visit:smileyhappy: SJ
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 5:21pm
I changed to a more expensive gym last month as well due to child care issues. My last gym didn't have good hours but it was free. My new place has morning and afternoon hours but I have to pay extra for it. I think it's really worth it, just like you said. Good luck, I hope you love the new gym. :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 11:50am
Hi everyone! My goals for August is to continue to stay consistent with eating, exercising, and water intake. July went pretty well (with the exception of my weekend in Chicago) but I want to make August as perfect as possible. I plan on switching gyms because the one I go to now does not have a child care facility and I need one so that I have no excuses. When school starts back up my youngest will be home with me so I plan to make the switch next month. Definitely more expensive gym but I don't care. This year my main focus is my health so whatever it takes.

WORKING ON GOAL # 2

JOGGING MY WAY TO 175 BY