August Chat Thread

iVillage Member
August Chat Thread
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 10:04am

Welcome to August ladies! We have FIVE MONTHS left of 2012. We are on the down hill slide now. What will you work on this month? New goals, continuing efforts, end of summer plans, or are you counting down to cooler fall weather already?

As for me I'm looking forward to a beach day maybe two trips out to the beach. I have 7 pounds to drop this month to get to my next goal. I also have 4+ workouts per week each week on my goal sheet. :smileyhappy: No matter if you are starting today just try something and you will start to see results. Hugs!!! 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 1:46pm

TGIF ladies!! I hope you have a great start to your long weekend. Today my eating has been on plan and I did my weight training workout today with a 18 minute long cardio workout. Tonight and tomorrow I have work. Off Sunday and Monday for a quick get away. Yay!

Before work on Sat I'll go to my gym for a workout. Sunday I'll use the hotel gym and pool. So excited to swim. :smileyhappy: Monday I'll swim more and take the day off from any intense workouts. Please be kind to yourself this weekend. Keep those positive changes going in your life. :smileyhappy: 

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 11:52am
Thanks Angie! I'm so proud of you for all the great choices you've been making this year. Choosing to be strong when you don't always feel strong is hard, but WORTH it. I've noticed that if I take it one baby step at a time I get do get stronger physically and emotionally. We are getting there! :smileyhappy:
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 8:32pm
SJ that was a beautiful post! I could not agree with you more about choices. As I grow (and I'm always in self reflection), I realize that I'm not a victim. It's very easy for us to victimize ourselves, not wanting to realize that our choices play a significant part in how our lives turn out.

TMZ - CONGRATS ON REACHING YOUR MINI GOAL!!! You are soooo close to Onederland! Can you believe you are about 10 pounds away? What an accomplishment! :smileyhappy: Keep making the right choices for your body and you'll be there in no time. Choices. There's that word again. Let's CHOOSE health. Let's CHOOSE happiness. I choose it.

WORKING ON GOAL # 2

JOGGING MY WAY TO 175 BY
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 3:09pm
Thank you SJ!!! :smileyhappy:

Last night DH made really good guacamolie with dinner (grilled chicken on totillas). You know how sometimes its hard to get a good alvacado onthe east coast? Well, the avacados were Perfect and the guacamole was Amazing! I overate by about 175 calories yesterday. Boo. But my goodness the food was so good. At least it wasn't fast food, right? :smileywink: The scale went down a tiny amount today regardless of what I ate.

I did a round of plie dumbbell squats yesterday at the gym with a 20lb dumbbell. O.M.G. My inner thighs are KILLING me today. I could hardly get up and down. I skipped the gym this morning. I'm going back this afternoon. I'm more lose after running around today and feel like I can give it a good cardio workout at the gym.

Hope you are having a healthy day!
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 8:27pm
Yah, that is the secret to this...working extra hard and eating really well....it works, it really works..it isn't easy, but it's simple...CONGRATULATIONS!!! SJ
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-28-2012 - 5:18pm
Thank you! Guess what?? I was down another 1.2 pounds today and reached my goal early! WOOOHOOOO! It feels so strange to be here, but I'm happy! I'm 211.8 today. Next little goal is to drop down to 209. I want out of the 210's really bad. I've been stuck for a while between 212-218. But really I want to get down to 199. I have no idea where the weight is coming off so fast but it's dropping really quick. No idea why except that I'm working extra hard these days and eating really well. No matter what I can't stop now. :smileyhappy: Thanks for supporting me.
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 8:53pm
I will definitely keep posting from Poland....I think it is awesome that we can stay connected no matter where we are in the world....and thanks for your kind words...SJ
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 2:51pm

Did I mention I only have 1 pound  to go to my next Goal Wight??????/ SO HAPPY!! I have lots more weight to lose after that but I break it down into smaller goals. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 10:15am

SJ, 

I hope with your move next year you stick with us. Your posts are like little diamonds in the journey for us. You are such a amazing source of information and encouragement. That was one of the best post I've read all year. Thank you! Your message of change is so important. All of you that are embracing change are such a inspiration to me. Hugs to all! 

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 9:59am
Tanya-
I just read about your Boston trip. I have to say I'm so impressed with all your activity and good eating on your little trip! That is a inspiration to me!! Although you gained a tiny amount I say you did a perfect job of sticking to your plan. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to do the same thing and failed. Congrats to you Tanya!!

BTW That sandwich sounds sooooo good! :smileyhappy:

Pages