December One Stop Chat Spot

iVillage Member
December One Stop Chat Spot
Thu, 12-01-2011 - 11:15am

Hello Ladies! Use this tread this month to post your thoughts, struggles, questions, and quick updates for the day during December. What plans do you have for today??

No plans for me other than working tonight and maybe a little house work. I'm excited for tomorrow- my first yoga class in months!! :)

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-07-2011 - 12:33am
You know SJ, I'm also grateful to have you here sharing these feelings. I think many of us feel such mix emotions this time of year. On one hand I'm happy to have family memebers and the joy to Christ's birth on my mind. On the other hand I'm sad to be missing my grandparents that I loved so much. I so wish they could have known my little girl. I know this sounds odd but I sometimes morn the loss of my great grandparents that I never knew. These are my mom's grandparents that she loved so much. I think I've heard so much about them from my mom, aunt, and grandmother... I just wish I had known them and had a Christmas with them. Anyways, I send you HUGS SJ. You are doing a great job coping this time of year.
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-07-2011 - 9:06pm
Tmz My mom always said that you would miss a parent who Thad died the most when you held one of your babies in your arms. My dad's mother died the Christmas before I was born, but because of thecway my mothervtalked about her, I feel like I knew her. She knew I was on the way, and I was born on her birthday. There is a connection between us that makes no sense according to earthly principles. I am at the Newark airport, surrounded by high school girls who are very bouncy. I fly to work in NJ often, and I try to fly through a New York airport...because I have never flown through Newark without an issue. The NY flights were full...I hope we will be boarding soon. There isn't even a nice bar in this terminal...I had a drink at the not nice bar, and a cookie, and I am thinking of what else I can eat. They sel fruit but I want something way better than that...we'll see what happens... They are talking about snow here tonight. If I sm trapped in snowy New York, I will NOT be singing White Christmas... Hope someone gets some sun tomorrow... SJ
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-07-2011 - 10:29pm
Very interesting SJ! Good luck with your travels today. :)
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-08-2011 - 12:39am

For really the first time in my life, I'm having a stressful holiday season.

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-08-2011 - 10:55am
UHG. I'm sick and going to the doctor today. I hope to check back in tonight. If not, I'll be back online tomorrow.
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-12-2011 - 9:52am
Feeling much better but I did go ahead and work this past weekend. It was hard, I hope I didn't get anyone sick! I'm glad I got my hours in. My little girl came down with the same cold but she seems to be such a trouper! Have a happy Monday and a good week. :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-12-2011 - 11:02am

Hello Ladies!

I'm back from Dubai and getting ready to head to Texas for the holidays.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-12-2011 - 3:17pm
Safe travel Lola! I'm also from Texas and would love to be traveling back "home" this month! :) I think my next trip might be for the spring. Anyways, relax, enjoy the baby, and I hope you are feeling better very soon!!
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-12-2011 - 10:01pm
Lola - have a great trip..Texas is so big, I am sure you can get some walks in. If you can tear yourself away from your New niece. When my nephew was born, he was premature so it was a month before I could hold him. I still remember the first time - I felt like I had never known what love was until I held him in my lap. I could hardly manage to leave him. At his first Thanksgiving, my sister in law's brother and sister were there (all of us childless at the time)' and I told everyone that we weren't dividing the 'baby time' in thirds - they got half (as her siblings) and I got half(as my brother's sibling). And 20 years later, I am just as in awe of the man that baby has become...build lots of memories, the time really does fly. Tmz - speaking of little ones, I was wondering today how your little one us doing since the tubes went in her ears. Is she very excited about the holidays? My guess is that she is at the age where this is all new and exciting - no expectations, everything is a delight? Except maybe that scary man with a beard and a red suit...ho ho ho... I should be addressing cards, but I am not...I took out Decorations on the weekend, and my house looks cozy. Every thing I have has a memory tied to it, so it was emotional for me. Of course much of it came ad a gift from my mother. She tried very hard tom please me and I have some beautiful things. In an odd way, my decorations remind me of how far I have come in life. We had very little money growing up, but my mother was endlessly clever. Our tree ornaments were things like tracings of our hands that we cut out, an empty spool of thread that we glued macaroni on and painted silver, paper chains, little lifesaver dolls with styrofoam heads and yarn bodies, things she knit or we painted. They were not beautiful, but our tree...my mother told us that anyone could have a beautiful tree...we were the kind of people who could have a tree that needed love...this allowed us to be satisfied with a cheaper tree, and feel special at the same time. When I went to college, I had a friend whose family was affluent. They were very kind to me - I think his mother hoped we would end up together. For Christmas, he gave me a silver snowflake. I didn't even know there were ornaments like that. A few years later, my mom bought me a silver angel, and another year a bell, and another year a snowflake. Our lives were much easier and she understood that I wanted my life to be different. I love her for the spool painted silver and for the silver ornaments...most of my ornaments were either gifts or souvenirs and so de orating was a trip down memory lane. Hope everyone has a good week. SJ
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-13-2011 - 3:47pm

SJ-