December One Stop Chat Spot

iVillage Member
December One Stop Chat Spot
Thu, 12-01-2011 - 11:15am

Hello Ladies! Use this tread this month to post your thoughts, struggles, questions, and quick updates for the day during December. What plans do you have for today??

No plans for me other than working tonight and maybe a little house work. I'm excited for tomorrow- my first yoga class in months!! :)

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-13-2011 - 9:15pm
Tmz - good for you for not making the tree into a 'no no' place - there will be plenty of years for the fancy stuff. I just love two year olds - they are so full of wonder - you can give them one thing and they are happy. Heck, the boxes are exciting... I went to the post office today and mailed the next set of stuff. I am not done. The next box is very heavy and I will have to take a taxi to transport it. Hopefully I will get to this tomorrow. SJ
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-15-2011 - 12:28am
Good luck with all your holiday shipments. I went to a little historic town today for a children's activity hour at the museum. We don't have many places like this where I live. SJ it's the anti Boston around here! LOL! There is this little gem of a place not far from where I live tho. DD had a good time I think. I bought my aunt some goodies while I was there and now need to get that mailed out. but I'm not pressuring myself to get it to her before Christmas. The big thing I have to do this week is help my husband get his applications done by Sunday. We have less than two years left to go here in our current location. Hoping and praying we can get back 'home' in 2013.
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-16-2011 - 12:07am
My box that I mailed parcel post yesterday arrived at my dad's today. I could have paid 44 dollars to guarantee it there today - I paid 11 dollars for the same service! I just don't believe that they keep packages around for extra days because you paid less. My cards are done...annoyingly, I have misplaced an envelope with pictures I was going to send to one of my cousins...I thought i put it with my cards but evidently not...I hope I find it - my house is small so when I can't find something, I don't have a lot of places to look. I hope I didn't toss it out in all my cleanup. I still have gifts to buy for my cousinskids, and wrapping and baking, but I am in ood shape. SJ
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-16-2011 - 12:20am
SJ-
Oh I hate when I lose stuff like that this time of year. I hope you find your pictures! I'm helping my hubby with his applications this weekend then doing my holiday cards next Monday. I'm keeping it really simple this year.
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-16-2011 - 1:31pm
TGIF everyone! have a fab weekend! :) My work week begins tonight. Thankfully its only a three day work week.
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-16-2011 - 9:19pm
I had a good day today from a life perspective - not foot from weight loss. I bought lunch for my team, and that was fun. Then I met my brother and his family and we went to a holiday concert, then hey came to my house for dinner. And they took the things I needed transported so that makes getting there for Christmas simpler. The food choices were not outrageous, but not great either. I am tired and should go to bed soon...will I? We'll see... Have a great weekend everyone , SJ
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-19-2011 - 9:50am

TMZ - What a great idea for this little running chat.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-19-2011 - 3:56pm
Colleen-
That's the best part of breaks! You get a solid chunk of time to really sit back and think rather than just go go GO. I hope you get some good ideas and loads of relaxation!
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-19-2011 - 4:01pm

Happy Monday everyone! I've been a big ball of stress helping my husband with job applications. He is in a career where some of these applications are done the old fashion way. Well.... I'm 33 so it seems "old" to me! Filling out some of the apps by HAND and all of them required a photo attached to the application. We are still tweaking his personal statement but thankfully the CV is done. Oh gosh. I'm going to stop now. LOL!

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-19-2011 - 9:08pm
Tmz -lie on couch. Box of Kleenex. Let granma bein charge of child. If she is mean to you, pretend you are delirious and say whatever you feel like. Milk it for all it's worth.. Colleen - I have been wondering how you liked teaching compared to corporate life. We seem to outsource more and more but I am close enough to retirement to not worry for me...but it is hard to think what will happen to my team members. It is cold here - we have been mostly above average in temperature so cold feels really cold. But non snow, and I am good with that. I don't need a white Christmas. I need to buy tape so I can finish wrapping what is here. One more post office trip. Some more baking. And then wrapping again when I get to where I am going. Saturday I spent $50 at old navy.com - I got a pair of pants, 2 t shorts, a top, 2 pairs of tights, a pair ofvslippers, and a scarf. I had them sent where I am going and am counting that as my gift from Santa...