Difficult holiday weekend.

iVillage Member
Difficult holiday weekend.
Mon, 04-25-2011 - 1:17pm

Hi all. I guess I need some extra support today. I had a hard holiday weekend. I was stressed about being around inlaws and I couldn't control my eating. I feel so out of control when I'm not in my own home, with my own foods, and my workouts. The added stress of being around people that I don't like and feel judged... well, none of it helps. I all but begged my husband to not go. At one point he said 'fine, we don't have to go" but I just felt to selfish for keeping him away from his family. I am happy to be back home, but it's really hard to stay on track today. Breakfast was good, but lunch sucked a little. I don't know what else to do but ask for support here and just take it one meal at a time today. TIA

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-25-2011 - 1:27pm
Don't stress yourself. Today is a new day and you weren't the only one who fell backwards. I gained 4 lbs yesterday. 4 LBS IN A DAY!!! Remember that those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter. Dust yourself off and get back on track. You can do this!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-25-2011 - 1:56pm

Hugs to you!!

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-25-2011 - 10:17pm

TMZ

First (((hugs)))

Second - everyone has bad days, and holidays are hard for lots of reasons. Today is anew day.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-26-2011 - 8:24pm
Ahh....hugs to you! Don't beat yourself up. Beating yourself leads to guilt and guilt leads to hopelessness and hopelessness leads to failure. And you my friend, are NOT a failure! So, chin up! In laws are very stressful. I totally went off plan for the day too. And the next day Igot back on track. I know that it's hard to get back on after a slip up, but just put it out of your mind. It's in the past. Give us updates. I'll be thinking of you!