Do you Track Your Food?

iVillage Member
Do you Track Your Food?
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 11:28am

Another question for ya today! Do you track your eating? If so, how do you keep track of your intake each day??

I've been on Loseit.com for over a year now. I'm not super computer savvy. I like the simple and FREE design of the website. :smileyhappy: 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-29-2012 - 8:18pm
I do track my eating. The interesting thing is, the ONLY time I've ever made it to goal, I did NOT track my eating lol. I just made sure to eat less and make healthier choices. I reduced my bread intake dramatically during that time. Now though, I do track my calories. I use a spreadsheet that I created in Excel. I put together meals using that spreadsheet and use the USDA website to get the calories, fat, carbs, and protein amounts in each ingredient that i use. Then I just build a weekly meal plan that's balanced. It does take work, but once you've done it you won't have to do it again so it has long term use.

WORKING ON GOAL # 2

JOGGING MY WAY TO 175 BY
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-25-2012 - 12:15pm
I am not tracking right now, but I think it is the number one tool to help people stop deceiving themselves about how much they eat. I have used fit day.com but it was a lot of work...good to help get a handle on true calorie count though. When I am tracking I usually do it by journaling here. It was really helpful to me in identifying patterns in my eating and making planned, intentional swaps so that I still to to eat, just healthier choices. I also think planning my eating is very important, because if I never let myself get too hungry, I don't go overboard trying to feel full. SJ