To extreme?

iVillage Member
To extreme?
Mon, 04-02-2012 - 10:37am

I was watching TV this morning and they were talking about Ann Hathaway needing to lose two dress sizes for her new movie. Its crazy because she's already so thin!! The rumor was she is starving herself with 500 calories per day. Her people day it's not true. Have you ever experimented with extreme dieting? I tried Adkins 10+ years ago and to me that was extreme way of eating. It worked the first 2 weeks but then I gained. :( You??

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
In reply to: tmz2009
Tue, 04-03-2012 - 11:23am

I tried extreme dieting once in my teens. I had made the high school dance team, but decided I wanted to drop some weight quickly. My "diet" consisted of two cups of grapes per day plus all the water I could drink. Looking back now, I have no idea where that came from --

Administrator
Tue, 04-03-2012 - 11:57am

Wow-500 calories a day is dangerous. I sure hope that rumor is not true.

I once knew a teenage girl in high school who was on a diet Tab and bubble gum diet-she look skeletal by the time anyone did anything. She got so thin she was hospitalized. It wasn't attractive at all and her health was jeopardized. Her parents didn't notice until the school contacted them to bring up her appearance.

I can't help but wonder how could you not notice your own kid was nothing but skin and bones?

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-06-2012 - 1:03am
When I was a teenager I ate .... pretty much nothing. On top of that i spent an entire summer biking all over town every single day. I lost a ton of weight and looked absolutely horrible. I look back at some of the pictures with my collar bone sticking out and the dark circles under my eyes and think it was so not worth it. I never felt better no matter how much I lost.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-06-2012 - 1:05am
My mom some how didn't notice. Or chose to not notice .... maybe? I don't know. It was actually a friend who brought it up to me and started tracking what I was eating every day. She helped me a lot to get back to normal and healthy eating habits.
Photobucket