Fat and Fatter

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Fat and Fatter
Sat, 09-15-2012 - 12:45pm

I caught a program on CNBC last night called "Fat and Fatter". They took 2 overweight girls from England and sent them to Mississippi for a week to live with a morbidly obese family to experience how so much extra weight takes a toll on them. Has anyone else seen this? Apparently it's a weekly show and it's definitely moving. Doesn't anyone else have thoughts on this?

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 12:26am

Yes I saw this.  It was very interesting.  Food addiction is real.  I dont' think it should be seen any differently than alcoholism or drug addictions.  It's like....we know we're hurting ourselves...but we can't stop.  One of the women in that show had diabetes yet at times she just couldn't help herself when it came to food.  She even got sick on the show.  It was a bit sad but it really made me take a good look at myself....from the inside.....to work hard at fixing my state of mind to change my own addictions to food so that I didn't end up in a position where it was too late or that much harder to do anything about.  One lady had not walked to her own mailbox in something like 10 years?  We see the limitations that food is placing on us yet we can't stop.  That's deep.  The addiction is so real.

WORKING ON GOAL # 2

JOGGING MY WAY TO 175 BY
iVillage Member
In reply to:
Sun, 09-16-2012 - 7:29pm
I've seen this on my Netflix but never watched it. I wasn't sure what it was all about. I can't imagine the shock of going from England to Mississippi! I know the state of MS has a really bad obesity problem. Its sad to think some parents are going to outlive their children due to obesity. I follow a couple super obese people on youtube that are trying to lose weight. They live in a very confused world. It's 99% a mental or emotional problem. I know for me, once I got to the root of my issues I was able to move on and make healthier food options.
Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!