Feb. Monthly Chat

iVillage Member
Feb. Monthly Chat
Thu, 02-07-2013 - 12:51am

I've posted this thread a couple times but the site was having issues and it wouldn't stick. 

Please use this as a daily way of checking in and letting us all know the big and small of your WL (weight loss) journey. :) I hope this finds each of you happy and healthy this week!

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-25-2013 - 8:57am

Wow you are living in Poland. I would love to visit there to see some of the historical sights. I bet the country is beautiful. Do you get to see much of the rest of Europe?

I had a bad week. We discovered our teenage daughter was drinking and after arguing with her I treated myself to a snack. Then another, then another. I am not going to pretend this time that I don't know what I'm doing because I am well aware of it.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-19-2013 - 10:47am
I think I've come down with a little bug my little girl has. Its nothing too bad but a sore throat. :( I have a group fitness class tonight and will go anyways. I'm not feeling run down. Just resting.
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-17-2013 - 11:56pm
How's it going everyone?? Sat. didn't go so well for me. Lots of things I had to do and ended up eating out every meal! That hasn't happened in months! I'm back on track today and feeling better already. Hitting up the gym tomorrow morning. I have a super busy week at work this week. I'm working days I don't normally work then will have next weekend off. I should say I have the weekend off work but there's lots to get done around my house to get ready for new carpet. Anyways, I'm thinking about all of you and hoping this finds you well this week. check in when you get a sec! :) HUGS!!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-13-2013 - 1:01pm
I'm really bumping up all efforts since a little weight gain I had over the weekend. I think it was mostly water weight because its all gone as of today. I'm hoping to drop just a tad more for my weekly weigh in for tomorrow. We shal see! I'm basically working out 7 days a week this week. On Tuesday I only had a little workout class that isn't all that hard. It gets my heart rate up but its nothing like my gym workouts when I leave there really feeling it. Yoga was moved to Mondays so I'm glad to get back into my yoga class. For VDay I bought myself a new yoga mat per my yoga instructor's suggestion. I've used the same mat since 2007. I guess it was time!
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-07-2013 - 4:05pm
Tmz....you and your husband are so good together...tdalton ..do not let what other people say bring you down...what kind of freind says discouraging stuff like that? Not a good one. It is good to weight the same time each day, wearing either nothing or something about the same weight. It's also good to have a weigh in day...I like Friday because I eat more on the weekends...and not as healthy...and I want success to motivate me. Yay for you on the no soda and on walking the track....Here in Poland, today is known as either Fat Thursday or Donut Thursday. The last Thursday before lent so you should indulge, they tell me. People were lined up at bakeries. We had boxes delivered to work. I ate one...I never eat donuts, but I am here to experience how life is...and today, it was donuts...
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-07-2013 - 12:49pm

I am just all around discouraged. I weighed in yesterday morning and it looked like I had lost 3 lbs. One of my "friends" told me that it probably isn't real because everyone weighs less in the mornings and that you have to consistently weigh in at 3 lbs less in a week or it is not considered real loss. And then I saw that article about Honey Boo Boo's mom losing 100 lbs without trying. How does that happen??

Okay I need to stop feeling sorry for myself. That is how I got into this condition. I have to take the kids to practice and I am going to walk around the track rather than sit in the car and wait today. Today is day three with no soda.

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-07-2013 - 12:55am

Here's my rant for the day! lol! My husband took my keys with him to work by mistake this morning! I was on my way to the gym and couldn't find my keys. Called him and he had them. Ops! By the time he got home to give me the keys it was time to pick up my little one from school. Didn't make it to the gym. To be honest with you I really needed a rest day. Tomorrow I'll be back at after I drop her off at school. 

Funny thing happened tonight. I was at a Chickfila with another mom friend. I wasn't eating but one of the trainers at my gym came in with his kid. I pointed to my husband and said HE took my keys and I couldn't make it today! LOL! He said he wondered where I was today. :) That made me happy!