February One Stop Chat Spot!

iVillage Member
February One Stop Chat Spot!
Wed, 02-01-2012 - 10:55am

Welcome to February! I'm so happy to have all of you here for support and encouragement. Thanks for everyone that takes time to support another lady on this forum. You are all doing a fantastic job this year!

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-01-2012 - 6:53pm

Ahhhhhh, a new month, and 2 weeks to Valentine's Day. We don't usually celebrate on the day of, too busy at all the restaurants and we like it a little quieter and private, and we like when the cooks and waiters/waitresses aren't super busy. We have a lot of friends in the industry and have picked up a few tips for having a really nice romantic evening out. I fell off the wagon yesterday but today am right back on it. Really bad hangover, early work day, and no food in the fridge turned a perfectly good run on my diet into a pizza day. Whoops. Oh well, it happens, and hopefully my day off tomorrow will not be rainy and I can ride off some of those calories on my bike. I got a really cool gadget for it that tells me how fast I'm going, how many miles I have gone, and approximately how many calories I have burned. I don't think the calorie calculator works so good on the beach tho, it is incredibly hard to pedal into the wind on sand, but that's my favorite place to ride. Don't even use the iPod there, the sound of the waves is soothing, so I come home nice and happy

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-01-2012 - 8:28pm
Ahhhh that does sound like a very nice bike ride going to the beach!! Enjoy :)

As for me- I went to the gym tonight and just wanted to give up. I pushed myself so hard and I felt like I didn't have any energy. I'm so glad I finished what I started. It was very hard to get through it. Normally when I get started I am really good about finishing with no issues. For some reason tonight I wanted to quit every single minute of the workout! Tomorrow I have a rest day. Thank goodness. I need it!
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-01-2012 - 10:55pm
February is such a great month for holidays -,tomorrow is Groundhog day. That was my mother's favorite holiday. She sent cards to people, made cookies shaped like groundhogs (or squirrels, maybe). She claimed that '!e and my Shadow' was a Groundhog carol...then Valentine's day, president.s day, my nephew's birthday where we often have a get together, and this year Feb 29. I went to high school with someone whose birthday was Feb 29. He was an exceptional person - valedictorian of my class, very funny, and kind. I think of him every four years... Tmz - yesterday was 'lifting for legs day which starts with squats. When I stepped into the squat rack I thought 'the last thing I want to do today is squat'. But I did it...I sometimes say to myself about running - it is only x minutes out of your life. Suck it up and do it for x minutes. And I count it down, sometimes in fractions -1/20th done, 1/10th done...etc. But sometimes you have to take a rest day too. Happy groundhog day everyone..although it was 56 degrees here today, so maybe Punxatawny Phil won't see his shadow... SJ
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-02-2012 - 6:37pm
It was a foggy walk with the dog this morning but a nice bike ride this afternoon, even if I did get sprinkled on a little bit. What really made my day is that as of this morning I am down 15 lbs since the beginning of the year! Go me! In acknowledgement of this my DH bought me a pretty black dress and got my hair done. I think that if he isn't going to get off the couch with me, I will gladly take this kind of support. Sometimes it's nice to feel pretty. And now off to an evening out with DH, he is playing guitar at a gig tonight so he ets to show me off :)
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-03-2012 - 11:33am

Hot Yoga class rocked this morning! I'm so happy to get in each and every single workout that I wanted to do this week. Normally something always comes up or I get lazy. Not this week. I held on to my focus and pushed through. My food was also at a very good level each day!

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-04-2012 - 1:38pm

I've lost 2 lbs in the last 5 days ... but I can't recommend the method ... I've had a very bad bout of some virus ... felt like the flu but I had the shot in the fall ... it was nasty.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-05-2012 - 1:49pm

Cold and rainy here today, and I have no motivation to do anything at all. Even the dog didn't want to go out today (she doesn't like getting her feet wet). The temp is down to 55 :( I think I made up for it yesterday though, with a super long walk after getting my cast taken off. Felt really good to get moving again, even if I am a little sore today. Had it taken off 1 1/2 weeks early because I couldn't take it anymore. Hopefully with the extra exercise and going right back on the diet after I 'cheated' last week, the scale will be nice to me when I weigh in tomorrow. Not looking forward to this week though, I can't seem to get motivated when it is raining and it's supposed to rain all week, including my days off. Yuck.

iVillage Member
Sun, 02-05-2012 - 6:30pm
I hear you about the rainy weather. It's really hard to find creative ways to get active outside when its so gloomy out. I hope you can find some inside activities or other ways to spring you into action. I have those days as well. Sometimes I just have to do and not think. LOL!
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-06-2012 - 7:00pm
Woohoo!!!!! Was dreading weigh in this morning but I am down another 3.6 lbs!!! I can't freakin believe it! Going to celebrate by going to a movie tonight
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-06-2012 - 9:18pm
Lanai - great wek for you... Has anyone sen the weight watchers for men commercial where the guy says 'if you have to buy new. Underwear, you know you've lost weight'? For some reason that cracks me up... SJ

Pages