February One Stop Chat Spot!

iVillage Member
February One Stop Chat Spot!
Wed, 02-01-2012 - 10:55am

Welcome to February! I'm so happy to have all of you here for support and encouragement. Thanks for everyone that takes time to support another lady on this forum. You are all doing a fantastic job this year!

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 2:30pm
That is great!!! :) I hope you have another great week!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 2:57pm

I haven't seen that commercial, but sounds funny. I'm always excited about new clothes, but I'm most looking forward to fitting into my old jeans. Not particularly looking forward to this week, it is supposed to rain constantly until Monday, yuck! And to top it off, the roof of my condo started leaking last night, right above the bed. that was a rather rude awakening. And of course nobody can fix it until it stops raining. Needless to say we are moving the bed until it stops.

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 8:12pm
You know the old joke, right? Can't fix the roof when it's raining, don't need to fix it when it's not? Hope the sunshine soons. SJ
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-12-2012 - 2:55pm

Still raining here, and getting pretty tired of it too. On the plus side, the house smells wonderful with all this cooking I'm doing. I love walking through the front door and smelling roasted garlic. The only mishap so far this week was the tomatoes, who knew it was that hard to stew your own tomatoes? From now on, I buy the can. By the time this front finally passes I will be a regular Martha Stewart. OK, that might be pushing it a bit. lol

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-13-2012 - 5:54pm

hey- I've been out of town. I'll be back in a few days. Thanks ladies for hanging in there while I'm gone for a little bit. Thanks!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-17-2012 - 1:50pm
OK Ladies, I'm back from vacation. Really wishing I had taken a Staycation. Oh well. I'm back home and ready to rock the rest of the month!! So, how ya been???

Today I got up early and made it to Hot Yoga class. Oh, it was HARD having missed a week. haha! I'm working extra shifts this weekend but I will get on tomorrow (not Sunday) for a check in. I hope all of you have been well. Have a safe and fun weekend. :)

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 4:03pm
So been MIA for a little while. Had a crappy week last week, gained a pound, but bounced back this week and lost 2, so it works out. It FINALLY stopped raining here and the guys are busily fixing our roof, so looking forward to not waking up to dripping water again. With the nice weather here again we are thinking about taking the boat out on the water and doing some fishing, I think we should take the dog too, I think she would love it. We need to get in all of this fun stuff in the next 2 weeks because Spring Break is about to be upon us and we don't leave the island at all then, it's too hard to get around with all the kids here, so we stock up on groceries and stay home, kind of like waiting out a storm lol.
My dad apparently decided to take up my food challenge too, he is on temporary disability because he had a heart attack and has decided to take up cooking. He sent me pictures of him using his new pasta maker. I never would have expected my dad to take up cooking, especially since he is building an airplane in his garage. I am finding it a little comical. Ah well, I think that's about all that is going on around here.
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-22-2012 - 4:54pm
I'm so sorry to hear your dad had a heart attack! It sounds like he is really trying to do right by his diet these days! That's wonderful!!

As for me- I'm going to work for just a little bit tonight. I really want to quit this second job and not have this stress but I'm having a hard time getting the words out. I think I'm going to give it just a couple more weeks. Some companies just don't pay enough for this all to be worth it. :(
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-23-2012 - 7:15pm
Some of you must have been sending out some positive thoughts my way because I MADE IT TO THE GYM TODAY!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!

What do you have going on this week?? :)
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-28-2012 - 10:02pm
So I have this new fitness ball at home workout that I love but the only problem is I'm really sore in my back because I'm not taking it slow enough! I know I'm a beginner and I've got to take it easy and start SLOW. Ouch, my back! ;)

I'm going to find some links because this is a wonderful at home workout for ladies that need a low impact workout or warm up.