Focusing on me now

iVillage Member
Focusing on me now
Sun, 04-29-2012 - 11:20am

I've been lurking for the past couple of months while trying to find my focus again. DH and I tried to go back to South Beach a couple of times, with no success. That ship has sailed so I felt a little lost for a while there. I've been in the SB mindset for over a year now so I wasn't quite sure where to turn. On top of that, I've had a couple of job changes and was in an accident with my new car back in February. I'm fine and the other driver's insurance covered the repairs, which finally were completed last week. But there's been a lot on my plate recently and my one wish was that things would settle down before I went crazy!

Well I finally seem to have gotten my wish. My job has stabilized as have our finances, and my car is beautiful again. So now I'm putting my focus back into my health and my future. I joined Weight Watchers last week and my first week's weight loss is 10.4 pounds! I'm not used to tracking my food so that's been an adjustment, but it obviously works so I'm sticking with it.

My weight peaked at my starting weight of 330.4 pounds and my body is feeling every ounce of it. My current post is much busier than my last one and it's caused a great strain on my left knee. I ended up in the E.R. this past Wednesday and the first thing the doctor told me is 95% of it is most likely the extra weight I carry. When I told a friend what the doctor had said, she assumed I took it badly. I was actually expecting it and it didn't phase me much because I was doing something about it. I'd say 10 pounds is a pretty good start. It's only 7 pounds away from my first goal of 5% of my body weight, which I hope to reach at the end of this coming week.

That's another thing I'm learning - not to weigh myself every day. I checked my weight on Friday because I didn't feel like WW had been working. The scale proved me wrong. Today was my weigh-in day so I checked it today, and there isn't a doubt in my mind I'll be able to stay off that scale until next Sunday now that I know it works.

I'm back ladies, and hopefully better than ever!

~Misty