Getting Going in February: 30 Days and 30 Nights of Posting...oops Make that 28!

Administrator
Getting Going in February: 30 Days and 30 Nights of Posting...oops Make that 28!
Mon, 01-31-2011 - 3:16pm

Tomorrow (February 1) starts a new month so we'll start a new thread. Make it a point to stop in and post something positive you are doing toward your weight loss goals. :)

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Pages

iVillage Member

ppwendling - welcome to our board and no, we have no rules (except that your really do try to lose some weight!)

Ms. Karla, how on earth do you find the time??

SJ - are you staying warm?

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

Administrator
I don't use the bands normally. I use light hand weights if I can. I do quite a variety of exercises each week including weight lifting, Yoga, TKD and walking.

Karla

iVillage Member

Hi...I've been here off and on over the years. I need to focus on losing weight again.

I'll do my

Photobucket
Administrator
YAY!! Welcome back Fran! We are so glad you are back and are determined to help you stay positive. :)

Karla

iVillage Member

Hi Everybody!

How is everyone today?

iVillage Member
Happy Groundog Day!

Liz - I will mark my calendar for 'sympathy for heat stroked Liz' in August.

All-good day today. I was like a kid last night - the kind who doesn't do their homework in the fervent belief that school will be cancelled...I stayed up late watching the Celtics and didn't d laundry, thinking I would do it today while working from home. It was probably not so bad that I couldn't go in, but I had sert myself up so I 'had to' stay home. So a quiet day working from my living room. But then I risked the snow, sleet, rain and ice to walk to the gym...I left early in case it was bad walking but it wasn't, so I got in 27 minutes on the bike and then lifted for legs (squats, leg press, lunshes, leg lift, leg curl) and then ab circuit. I'm happy about the cardio because it was 'extra'

Hope somebody somewhere gets a sunny day tomorrow!
SJ
iVillage Member
Yay another one! I guess I'm a little behind so I need to play catch up!

Monday and Tuesday were pretty rough for me. My weigh-in hit me pretty hard and I ended up turning to food Monday evening (fast food and my weakness for Cheetos gets me everytime!) Tuesday wasn't so bad but I did have a Dunkin Donuts breakfast sandwich in the morning. Evening was baked chicken and rice with carrots. Finally made it to the grocery store after dinner to restock my salads and fruits. I'm back on plan as of today and I think I did pretty well. We were low on time (as always) so it was another Subway day but this time I took my fruit and salad with me instead of getting a bag of chips and/or cookies with my sub. As for exercise, I had my work patrol and walked Scrappy around the lake when I got home. All in all I think I did pretty good. I'm going to make this a much better week than last week!

P.S. - It's not snowing here! Our high today was around 80 and that humidity kills me every time.
iVillage Member
This is a little late but welcome to the board! A 2 pound loss is a good goal to shoot for. That's mine too, 2 lbs a week. That pizza idea doesn't sound too bad, maybe adding a veggie or two might've made it better but everything in baby steps. Be careful with the salt intake though. It causes you to retain water, making weight loss more difficult.

Good luck and I hope you stick around!
Administrator
Is anyone dealing with a bunch of snow or ice? How are you getting your exercise in?

Karla

iVillage Member

Hello, and happy February 3!

Pages