Getting Going in February: 30 Days and 30 Nights of Posting...oops Make that 28!

Administrator
Getting Going in February: 30 Days and 30 Nights of Posting...oops Make that 28!
Mon, 01-31-2011 - 3:16pm

Tomorrow (February 1) starts a new month so we'll start a new thread. Make it a point to stop in and post something positive you are doing toward your weight loss goals. :)

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Pages

iVillage Member

Thank goodness for the treadmill my mom lent me, the snow banks are about 6 feet tall now on the sides of the road, I DO NOT love winter, It's a bright sunshinny day today but still hard to move around out doors.

iVillage Member

We have piles of snow but I am still able to walk to work, although in the street some of the way, not on the sidewalks. I work out at the gym and although they have opened late and closed early, it hasn't affected the times I go. And I walk to the gym, so I am able to get there.

This morning, when I opened the door, I felt like a cat - you know how they stand at the door and meow to go out, then you open the door, they stick their head out, look at you like 'what were you thinking?' and head back to the couch? That was me this morning. I did not expect the snow - heck, it was actually sunny and snowing at THE SAME TIME! Huge flakes - even a little pretty...but I wanted to go back and curl up on the couch. But I carried on and went to work.

Karla- I noticed the title on this post tonight - you do know we are only having 28 days in February this year, right? Please don't make us have 30!!!!

Good day for me today. Went to the gym, 19 minute bike warmup, lifting for shoulders, bi's and tri's, then ab circuit.

Tomorrow is 'Wear Red' day. Anyone playing?

iVillage Member
Not my greatest day but not the worst either. Finally got off my lazy tush and made our dinner for work so we wouldn't have to go to Subway again. No real exercise today other than my work patrol. I stayed mostly on plan today. Ate a few of my Snackwells cookies tonight while watching a movie with DH but it could've been a lot worse. Feeling some stiffness in my neck and upper back tonight and I hope it goes away by morning.
iVillage Member

SJ it's funny you said that I thought it too 28 days, I just want to skip tp april and be done. I can't even imagine what it's like in the city with all that snow, where do they put it.

Administrator
Hahaha-you are so right-I'm changing the title as soon as I get done posting.

And great workout-did I ever tell you that you inspired me oh so long ago to do chin ups and after a long time of struggling and trying I can now do almost 5 in a row...unassisted!

Karla

iVillage Member

WOW!

Administrator
Wow-good job. You're doing fantastic. I've been doing this a very long time so I have been trying harder things. Oh, and when I started pushups I could not do one. I can now do many. :)

Karla

iVillage Member

I am a little worried about sunday, DH loves tons of junk food, I am thinking of making some Tanya Friendly Chili and a veggie platter that I can snack on plus I have scheduled an extra workout on sunday so hopefully I will be ok.

iVillage Member
I had a great day yesterday. I ran 2.35 miles in 30 minutes, then walked it out to 2.5, taking 32.26,

I am going to the Cheesecake Factory today with family. I know we will have lots of appetizers and desserts. I am planning to try to not have an entree, maybe just a bowl of soup.

No superbowl plans so I am avoinding temptation (I'll watch, but not with a group)
iVillage Member

Nice work outs everyone - yes, I believe that bar is set high, so I think I will shoot for lots o' exercise this weekend so I can have a few "fun" things during the game.

Pages