Getting Going in February: 30 Days and 30 Nights of Posting...oops Make that 28!

Administrator
Getting Going in February: 30 Days and 30 Nights of Posting...oops Make that 28!
Mon, 01-31-2011 - 3:16pm

Tomorrow (February 1) starts a new month so we'll start a new thread. Make it a point to stop in and post something positive you are doing toward your weight loss goals. :)

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Pages

Administrator
I've had many a manicure but never a pedicure. I may try it.

Karla

iVillage Member

Administrator
What kind of PM snacks are you having? Maybe we can help with that.

Karla

iVillage Member

Popcorn or animal crackers, sometimes apple slices or

Administrator
So do you think it's more of a habit that you need to break or do you really "need" something else to eat? Maybe if you only keep things you are sick of or don't want on hand then you'll be able to change things if it's a bad habit.

Karla

iVillage Member

HI,

Have you tried chewing gum..There are a lot of new sugar free fruity flavors on the market now..They don't seem to hold their flavors forever, but if you have the habit of putting something in your mouth at a certain time, maybe this could help?

I know what you are saying about popcorn getting boring...have you tried sprinkling a little splenda and cinnamon in addition to the light dusting of salt?

iVillage Member

Yes, I do think most of the time it's a bad habit needing to be broken, but I love my snacks in front of the tv at night, it's the thing I feel the most deprived of when I don't have it.

Administrator
Oh oh oh-have you tried something like knitting or crocheting to keep your hands busy? I just started taking knitting lessons as I'm looking for something to keep me busy while just sitting.

Karla

iVillage Member

I have been thinking about that, it's also how I quit smoking..I wll start tonight ty.....

Administrator
Maybe it will help. Give it a try :)

Karla

Pages