Getting Going in February: 30 Days and 30 Nights of Posting...oops Make that 28!

Administrator
Getting Going in February: 30 Days and 30 Nights of Posting...oops Make that 28!
Mon, 01-31-2011 - 3:16pm

Tomorrow (February 1) starts a new month so we'll start a new thread. Make it a point to stop in and post something positive you are doing toward your weight loss goals. :)

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Pages

Administrator
WELCOME to our two new boardies. Just jump right in and start posting something postive you've done. Doesn't matter how small you think it is..positive is positive!

Karla

Administrator
FRAN-how are you doing this week?

Karla

iVillage Member

Thanks for the welcome! I am still exercising and keeping a food journal each day. My weekly weigh-in was tonight and I lost 4 more pounds. That makes 14 in the three weeks since I have started. I am feeling great, and really proud of myself for sticking with it. I have tended to get discouraged in the past, giving up when things get tiresome or tough. That isn't happening yet. How is everyone else doing?

iVillage Member
Karla - A pedicure is a total treat - I get them in the winter so I can have purple or blue or gold toes...only I know (well, and the ladies in Pilates class) but I love it.

Tanya - I know the 'two hour before bed' eating rule, but I don't follow it. I find if I don't eat before I go to bed, I wake up hungry at 4:00 am and frequently I either lie awake until its time to get up or I end up eating something to get back to sleep. I've decided that sleep is more important than the rule. I think if what you eat is within your calorie count for the day, and you spreadout what you eat so you aren't eating all your calories at night, the rule doesn't have to apply. My favorite munchy is cheerios - 100 calories for a cup and if you eat them one or two at a time, they last. I figure they are high fiber, low sugar, have some nutritional value, and are nice and crunchy. I also like 60 cal pudding with cool whip at night if I want sweets. I've also frozen juice in a plastic contaner and spooned it out like italian ice(more a summer time trat). Also fruit like berries or grapes that you can eat one at a time.

Twofeet - I have some minimum things that I do every day - always eat breakfast, always have salad for lunch, make a workout plan at the beginning of the week and follow it. I do those things even on the days when I eat like crap. I try to view ever day as a new day, every week as a new week, every month as a new month. I am always starting over, but I expect it to be that way, and over time, its kept me pretty on target most of the time.

All-Didn't post yesterday - I was in a crabby mood, although I did go to the gym, lifed and swam, and went today and lifted, Plus bike warmups both days, Food has not been the best which is almost always the case when things in life are not going my way.
Administrator
Hahahah-crabby mood must be contagious. I'm a bit of a crab myself this morning. I think I need more coffee. It's just 3 degrees here and I'm cold and my body aches from Yoga. I guess the positive thing here is that I did Yoga and walked 2 miles.

It's hard when you wake feeling like this not to grab a couple of brownines to get your blood pumping. I'm in the process of cooking myself a nice hot bowl of oatmeal instead.

Karla

Administrator
WOW!! You are doing incredible! What kind of exercising are you doing?

Karla

Administrator
Hmmm, looks like i'm the only one who did anything positive yesterday. I walked 3 miles and sat and talked to my older son instead of watching TV. It was really nice.

Karla

iVillage Member

Nope I am just a posting slacker....I ran 1 mile in 15mins 40 seconds now if I can just keep that pace for the whole 2 miles. Looking for a late workout tonight since dh and dd are off to a movie leaving me with ds (who is 2.5)

iVillage Member

Hello,

I completely did NOT want to work out yesterday, but I did walk one mile and did some arm toning exercises and really feel it today.

iVillage Member

Hi!

Pages