Getting Going in February: 30 Days and 30 Nights of Posting...oops Make that 28!

Administrator
Getting Going in February: 30 Days and 30 Nights of Posting...oops Make that 28!
Mon, 01-31-2011 - 3:16pm

Tomorrow (February 1) starts a new month so we'll start a new thread. Make it a point to stop in and post something positive you are doing toward your weight loss goals. :)

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Happy Valentine's Day!

A soup suggestion - use about a half pound of stew beef, trimming off all the fat. Cut the meat into small pieces, brown ina little olive oil. Cut up Red and Green peppers and an onion. I use either 3 cans or 2 cartons depending on what I have of low fat, low sodium beef broth, and add teh peppers, onions, adn beef, and a small amount of cracked red pepper, a little salt and a little black pepper. I don't add any pasta or rice to this and I find it delicious!

I went to the gym today - biked for 19 minutes, lifted for chest/back, ran-1.16 miles in fifteen minutes, then walked it out to 1.5 miles, 20:16 minutes.

Administrator
Well I finally watched Heavy last night and oh boy. I can't imagine the struggles someone who is 600 pounds has to overcome. Did anyone else see it?
How was that man working out??? I wonder if he ever took off the weight?

Karla

iVillage Member
Carla: I haven't caught the show for the last couple of weeks but I'll probably be playing catch up over the weekend.

Today was a good day. I had an extra cup of coffee but I kept my water intake up and chose good meals. Made it to the gym tonight and did 30 minutes on the treadmill followed by 10 minutes on the elliptical. Feeling pretty good!
Administrator
I'm hoping to catch it again next week. I thought it was really interesting. It's somewhat like The Biggest Loser but focuses a lot on the real issues behind the weight which I really like.

40 minutes-YAY for you!

Karla

iVillage Member

Hello,

Today I made some healthy snacks for my family; Banana & Honey muffins (made with whole wheat flour and added flax seed) and Oatmeal Bread in my bread machine that has lots of fiber as well and will be good for toast for breakfast.

40 minutes of exercise is a great thing - and it's what I've been trying to strive for.

iVillage Member
Today was a pretty good day. No gym but I had my work patrol and my food intake was on target. Thanks to my enabler roomie (expect a rant about this at some point because it's sure to happen again), I'm craving a hunk of his extra sharp cheddar cheese. The only thing that keeps me from going for it is the nutrition info I took a peek at earlier. 9 grams of fat... in a single ounce. Say WHAT??? And I used to eat a full block of that in ONE SITTING! As much as I love cheese, I refuse to sabotage myself that way just for a few minutes of flavor. No no NO! I had one of my Skinny Cow ice cream cones instead. 1/3rd the fat of 1 oz. of that cheese and, well let's face it, chocolate wins over cheese any day!
Administrator
It's 70 degrees here today and I'm on my way outside!

Karla

iVillage Member

It's about 50 here and starting drop we walked up (me, my 8yr old, my 2.5yrs old, 4yr, 9, and 10

iVillage Member
We had nice weather today too.

I'm dealing with some personal stuff(I'll put details in my journal) but I went to the gym Tuesday and today, lifted both days, plus swam Tuesday. Last night I did 30 minutes of abs and stretching and I am proud of myself for that. Food is OK - not the best, but OK.

SJ
Administrator
OK is always better than bad so we will accept OK. :)

So sorry to hear you're going through some things. {{hugs}}

Karla

Pages