Getting Going in February: 30 Days and 30 Nights of Posting...oops Make that 28!

Administrator
Getting Going in February: 30 Days and 30 Nights of Posting...oops Make that 28!
Mon, 01-31-2011 - 3:16pm

Tomorrow (February 1) starts a new month so we'll start a new thread. Make it a point to stop in and post something positive you are doing toward your weight loss goals. :)

Karla
Community ModeratoriVillage.com

Pages

iVillage Member
Yesterday was a pretty stressful day between DH and I. I didn't do as well as I have been doing but I didn't sabotage myself too much either. No real exercise yesterday. I'd planned to go to the gym after work but DH and I had to work through some things. We ended up going to IHOP so I had an extra meal but I made sure to choose a healthier option. Checked my weight this morning and the cleanse I'm doing seems to be helping. I was happy with the number I saw and am hoping it'll continue to go down over the weekend. Happy Friday everyone!
iVillage Member
Today is my running day - I am transforming in sme way because I look forward to it. I ran 2;38 in 30 minutes, but it took 30:32 to get to 2.5 miles. (Longer than last week).

In march I am going to run to 2.5 miles, then walk it out to 2.75. I am working towards running 3 miles in 30 minutes, and I am ready to begin to push the time to get closer to the distance.

It was 60 degrees here today - but BIG thunderstrms tonight - some places got huge hail. And snow again next week but at least most of what we have has melted away.
Have a good weekend everyone.
iVillage Member

Good for you Misty!

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member

Today (Saturday) in Phoenix is colder than it has been (mid-60s) and rainy, but that's ok with me.

iVillage Member
Liz, I keep meaning to try that Laughing Cow cheese but the Walmart supercenter where I shop doesn't carry it. I may have to go to Whole Foods to find it. I usually keep some Sargento low fat Mild Cheddar or Colby cheese in the fridge for sandwiches and what not. However that doesn't stop the craving when I see the roomie cut off a good sized wedge from that block he bought!
iVillage Member
Time to play catch up again! It's been a hectic month and the last few days have been absolutely crazy! My food intake has been up and down but about 90% of it has been on plan. I made it to the gym 3 times this week and got a decent workout in, mostly cardio. I was going to try and make it back today for a final workout before weighing in tomorrow morning but I just don't have it in me to get there this morning. It's a very nice day outside though so I think I'll walk Scrappy around the lake before work and again after work.

Today also begins week 2 of my cleanse & burn capsules. Tomorrow morning is my weigh in and tomorrow night is the family dinner for my birthday. With them being the same day and knowing I'll see a good loss on the scale this week, my reward is going to be a slice of my birthday cake but only if I get in a workout earlier in the day!
iVillage Member

Good luck on your weigh in and Happy Birthday!!

And good for you on making your work-outs a "must do" in your life.

iVillage Member
Aww Liz! Have you tried telling her you bought that stuff for your meal plans and explain why? Thankfully at my house we have a 2 couples roomie situation, DH and myself then our 2 best friends. I do all the shopping for DH and I. He knows I've been trying to create better habits for myself and he's been trying to do it as well at a slower pace. I respect that so I buy him sodas for work (which I don't drink anymore) and bags of cookies to munch on at home. He's also not as morbidly obese as I am (he's 100 lbs lighter and 2 inches taller) so he can make small changes without exercise and still see results.

But the point is he doesn't flaunt the cookies in my face. If we sit down to watch tv and he wants his cookies, he asks if it's ok. And because of that, the cookies aren't a temptation anymore. He let me get used to saying "no" without pushing me. Of course when I'm tempted to cheat without his help, he really doesn't discourage me from doing so and that's something I need him to work on. But one step at a time.
Administrator
Wow-I am so impressed! You are doing so great. :)

Karla

Administrator
Happy B-day! How did the weight in go?

Karla

Pages