Give us your 2011 brag!!

iVillage Member
Give us your 2011 brag!!
Tue, 12-27-2011 - 1:11am

Already ladies, it's the last week of 2011. We've all had some fantastic accomplishments to brag about for this year. Let's hear it!! What are you proud of this year? We all get so inspired by catheter when we can share some of the good stories. Make it as small or as big of accomplishment as you like! Fitness or nonfitness, scale or nonscale related-- let's hear it!!

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Sun, 01-01-2012 - 12:47am

Thanks for all the responses ladies! Each one of you makes me smile so big knowing how hard we've all worked to improve ourselves and others around us. :) I had a really good year in 2011.

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 2:31pm

My biggest accomplishment this year:

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-28-2011 - 11:18am
Ooooh, great idea tmz! I've got a couple of things I've been aching to brag about so here goes!

I lost 40 pounds this year. No, I didn't keep it off but that just solidifies it in my mind that I CAN do it when I put my mind to it. I gained it back because...

I quit smoking for 59 days, again solidifying the point that I can do it if I put my mind to it. My previous record for not smoking was a measly 12 days.

This one is a recent development I haven't shared yet - I got a new car! FINALLY, after complaining and whining about my old car for a year, I broke down and said enough was enough! I am now the VERY proud owner of a 2008 Toyota Camry... and it's RED! No more boring white for me!

I know this is the brag thread but I wanted to say one more thing here. THANK YOU, each and every one of you, for supporting me and for being here through my journey. Rollercoaster that it's been, I would've lost my mind a few times over without you wonderful ladies to offer advice, wisdom, encouragement and comfort. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Here's to a healthier and lighter 2012 for ALL of us!

Misty
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-27-2011 - 9:43pm

Congratulations on your races happysj56!

Miranda, I think it's great that you are donating PT time!

After a year and a half of doubt and beating myself up for not meeting goals in past races I signed up for the Las Vegas half marathon and finished it in a decent time for me.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-27-2011 - 9:06pm
Well, my big goal for this year was to run a 5K race in October and astonish my brother. And I did! I actualy ran in two races, one for practice in June on a flat course and the one I was working towards in Oct. And my brother told me how proud he was of me. I am the most proud of that. If I go to the gym 3 times this week, I will have been to the gym 245 times this year. I did the math twice...that is 4.7 times per week, which is close to my goal of 5. And there are very few times I didn't have a good reason to not go...like I was traveling or had a work issue. And although I lost weight every week, and then gained it, I think I am ending the year nearcwhere I started weight wise and that in itself is a victory. It has been a hard, sad year but I survived it. That's a big victory too. SJ
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-27-2011 - 6:11pm
Colleen - those are all great victories!!! Here's to a great 2012!

Oh gosh - victories this year? I started doing my volunteer personal training. That was a big one. I'm learning little by little to manage my colitis instead of feeling sorry for myself and spiralling into bad eating and pity parties. I'm getting a little more disciplined with money. A little. Baby steps. LOL I know that what ever my victories, 2012 is bound to be different from 2011!

iVillage Member
Tue, 12-27-2011 - 10:56am

Hmmm ... this was hard.