Gonna Try and be more active here

iVillage Member
Gonna Try and be more active here
Wed, 01-26-2011 - 10:16am

I am so terrible at staying around any one place to long. I come back here and read posts but I never comment especially when the board gets busier. Im always afraid that if I loose someone will get upset that they didn't or if I gain people will be disappointed in me. I have gained some weight back from what I lost i know that because after I had to be on steroids around Christmas I was eating everything I could get my hands on and didn't care what it was. I was eating before dinner even started and my own gramma knowing I was on the steroids because I had pnumonia 2 weeks earlier said if you don't stop eating now Im gonna make you not eat Christmas dinner because you have had more than enough! I quit eating and told her that I couldn't help myself I was starved and couldn't get full that the steroids made me that way. At that point I had been on them for 2 weeks. My clothes started getting smaller and smaller. By my birthday just a few days ago ( I had been back to portion control and lean protien brown rice and veggies by then) gramma made my favorite meal that she makes lasagna and garlic bread with a salad and brought the fudge double fudge cake. Yeah thats right fudge double fudge....... I ended up eating 1 piece of lasagna that was about 2 inches by 2 inches and 1 piece of garlic bread and good portion of salad with a raspberry vinagrette dressing (2tsp) as I don't like alot of dressing on my salad. Gramma after I finished then made the comment I spent all day saturday on that lasagna and you are done! I said Gramma Im not on my steroids anymore and I am back to eating like I should be not eating like I shouldn't be. She said well this is the last year I am making it then. Everyone else managed to finishe off the rest of the first pan she made and then half of the second pan! I told her that I appreciated her making the meal and it was just as good as it was last year and every year she has made it for me and that just because I didn't eat my normal 4 huge pieces in years before I actually enjoyed the food this year. I left feeling confused because at CHristmas she was gonna cut me off of food and the other day I didn't eat enough!

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-27-2011 - 9:24pm

Big Hugs and Welcome Back!

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-27-2011 - 9:47pm
Welcome back! Being on steroids is really hard - I re fer to the time I was on tem as 'I want mashed potaotes'. I remember having to go into work on a Sunday becuase there was a huge problem with a project, adn they ordered massive amunts of Chinese food and I just ate and ate...normally, if I am eating if front of other people, I am very careful (I am a secret eater) but all caution went to the winds and I just kep going back for more. They work really well but wow, huge side affects.

It is really hard when the people we love don't listen to what we say we want. My mom has always been thin, and yet loves to cook. I know that she loves me because she will say 'I made cookies for your brother, because I love him, and I didn't make cookies for you becasue I love you' You are so right when you say that eating less, you enjoy it more...savoring every bite of smething we want is better than filling up to the point of discomfort.

I agree with Liz on ow hard this is, and how you have to do it for yourself.

AM I remembering correctly that you had a little dog that you take for walks?

Best wishes
SJ
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-17-2011 - 10:16am

Oh yes I definetly want to loose the weight! I know that this isn't an easy road and it was so easy to sit and be lazy and stuff my face. It is not easy to force myself to get up and get going even when Im tired and sore. I think i need to learn to stop being so affected by what my family says to me. Perhaps your right she has good intentions its just coming across wrong!!!

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-19-2011 - 6:26pm

I'm glad you're back and hope you stick around and keep posting!

"Never run faster than your guardian angel can fly!"