Guess who's back??

iVillage Member
Guess who's back??
Wed, 06-12-2013 - 4:52am

It's been FAR too long since I've poked my head in here. HI LADIES!!!

I quit smoking on May 4th and it seems to be sticking this time. 
I spent the last 5 and half weeks using my quit as an excuse to eat literally ANYTHING I wanted, whenever I wanted. I've gained 20 pounds since that day so I decided to do a few days of South Beach phase 1 to knock some of that gain off my body. I lost 5.4 pounds on the first day and still going strong today. DH and I have done this enough that I know it's too strict for us to stick with long-term but there's nothing better when you want or need to shed some pounds off fast.

I wasn't sure I'd be able to handle it with my quit and I was really afraid I'd be dealing with both cigarette and food cravings. That hasn't been the case yet. I made this really yummy oven-baked omelet for a grab and go breakfast for us, and I'm experimenting with some new flavors in our meats. I've leaned towards italian seasonings for far too long. Maybe I can even last more than the 2 days I'd originally planned on.

Not in school at the moment but I should be able to be back in classes for the Fall semester. I'm working again and have an overnight shift that will allow me to do homework and study at work so I won't be the crazy, sleep-deprived woman I was last summer!

Where are my girls at? Tmz, Sj, Liz... I know y'all are around somewhere!

And a big hello to  all the new faces! Hang out a while and maybe we can get this place jumping again!

~Misty 

Quit Date: May 4th, 2013
"May The Fourth Be With Me!" 

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-12-2013 - 8:11am

Hi Misty,

I've lurked for years but just recently came out and started posting. I've seen SJ and Liz around but haven't seen Tmz in a few weeks. Congrats on your quitting smoking. That is such a great change. I quit soda and just that one move alone has help me lose nearly 20 lbs. It has been a very slow process for me but I am getting there. I have a very long way to go but now that I have hit my first big goal, I feel I have more motivation to keep going.

It is great to see a new/old face around here.

Tami

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-12-2013 - 1:52pm

Hi Tami!

I have to ask, is your birthday August 10th? If so you were born on quite a popular date. I know 5 other people born on the same day!

Tmz is likely just having issues with her computer or fighting the glitchiness of the website (which I see they haven't improved many of the bugs in the new format yet). You'd think they'd just fix it or give us the old format back with enough people complaining about it. Sheesh!

Great job on your weight loss so far! It's always a long process but I'm a firm believer in the phrase "No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch". Eliminating soda from your diet completely is a HUGE step so congrats there! I allow myself one diet soda with my work meal regularly and once a week I mix an alcoholic drink with with a Coke Zero to wind down from my work week. I've been thinking of changing that out to the Lipton diet green teas and using Crystal Light for my end of the week drink. But "thinking" is the key word there, I do a lot of that. Put it into action, not so much! lol

I'm glad you came out of hiding to chime in! I always loved coming here, whether I lurked or posted, because it's such a wonderful group of supportive women!

Happy Hump Day!
~MIsty 

Quit Date: May 4th, 2013
"May The Fourth Be With Me!" 

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-14-2013 - 4:57pm

Oh my, speaking of coming back to this board - I last signed on in 2002!!! I wasn't even sure if my user ID would still work!!! So, in the last 11 years? Lost about 150 lbs, gained it back and yes, once again, feeling the need to come back and have a look at how everyone is doing for a little inspiration! So surprised and happy to see this board still up!! And yes, format is very, very different!!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-15-2013 - 4:39am
Hi Misty how are you? I am new to the group as of today. I am really glad that I found the group. I can understand the weight gain problem. I never had a problem with smoking or anything like that but my problem has been eating. Well I have tried all sourt of things on the market even South Beach. Well it work for a while then I gain the weight right back. Yes it is a very strict program and I have gotten sick before trying to stick with it. So I stay clear of that program. I have acheived many of my weight loss goals since March of this by sticking with an all naturally product and approach to the weight loss journey and for me it has help me to lose 45 lbs in four months. I am very grateful for the people that show me the way because I really think I would be on depression medication if I had not been introduce to them. But any ways. I wish you the best with losing on the SBD. I look forward to many conversation about our journey to a healthier body and life. ~Shawana