Happy Labor Day Weekend!

iVillage Member
Happy Labor Day Weekend!
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 12:27pm

I know it's a little early but I wanted to wish you all a nice long weekend if you have one. I took off work on Sunday (I never work Mondays) and my hubby gets Monday off. We are trying to plan a quick one night get away. There is a town about 2 hrs from here that has a BIG shopping area, indoor splash pad/park, and a winery. I think it sounds like a perfect little get away especially if we can get a hotel with a pool. I am worried about eating right all weekend (as usual) but the hotel has a nice gym. :smileyhappy: Regardless, we plan to relax. How about you? 

Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 1:18am
Thank you!!

BTW I talked to my husband tonight and finally convinced him to go stay at a hotel for one night. He wants to do something exciting and I get that. We just don't live in a really exciting part of the country. lol When I was younger my mom would sometimes take us to a hotel to stay for two nights about a hour away. Some nice hotel with a pool and fun stuff to do. Just a change of scenery. Low expectations but still very fun. When I laid it all out to him like that he was all excited to go. Woohooo. Now I just have to stick to my eating plan. :smileysad:
Community Leader for: 100 Pounds of More To Go!!
Gotta do it. Gonna Do It in 2012!