Haven't been on this thread for 11 years!! Wow, where has everyone gone?

iVillage Member
Haven't been on this thread for 11 years!! Wow, where has everyone gone?
Fri, 06-14-2013 - 5:06pm

This forum was my life line for several years in the early 2000's. I hope that I can come back and get some inspiration for those of you who are still here! I live in the UK, although I am American. I have been in the UK since 1995. LOL, when I just logged onto this board, at the very top was an advert for the new hotdog pizza crust at dominos, lol, we didn't have that 11 years ago. Anyway, nice to see that this board still exists and I was very surprised that my password, etc. still worked!! I even have some old posts lurking about somewhere on this board! LOL. Well, life goes on and weight goes up and down, but mostly up at the moment, so looking for any inspiration available. Thanks! Dione

Community Leader

Welcome back to iVillage!!  We are still here and glad you are back!!  I hope you receive encouragement and support as you have before on here, so many years ago!

So, I have a question.  If you had to put into a few sentences what you have learned about life in the past 11 years you had not been on iVillage, what would you say?  I ask this because you must have something inspirational to share that maybe would be a inspiration to any of us reading :)  If you would like to share, that is.

What made you decide to log back in?  

Again, welcome back Smile

iVillage Member

What an interesting question! I know that in the past 11 years I have learned to stop sitting around waiting for things to change. If you want things to change, do something different. At 50 years old I went back to school and I am loving it. I don't know what I'm going to be doing for the rest of my life but I don't feel stuck in a rut anymore.

Brenda

iVillage Member
Hi, Dione... I remember you! I haven't been here in about that long as well, but I think my return is long past due. Nice to see someone else here who found it helpful as well. Can't be here everyday, but hope to return most Tuesdays and Fridays... or often enough to get and give good support. Let's make some headway getting back to fitness. Please do return too!